Forum

UGA-FLA

11 years 6 months ago #49940 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: UGA-FLA
Did they not say last year and again this year that all of the "non team" type players are now gone. What was all the talk about me me me last year and again when Crowell left this year that this was no longer an issue. Coaches need to stop the me me me type attitude and they have not it seems. So again back to the same old same old with this coaching staff.

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49942 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: UGA-FLA
Man it is hard to watch a team you've followed and loved for so many years literally going down the tubes and not being able to stop it.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #49943 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: UGA-FLA

ogredawg wrote: Did they not say last year and again this year that all of the "non team" type players are now gone. What was all the talk about me me me last year and again when Crowell left this year that this was no longer an issue. Coaches need to stop the me me me type attitude and they have not it seems. So again back to the same old same old with this coaching staff.

ogredawg you were right way back when. Think that many of "us" softened prior to the first game in 2012. Had no reason to believe that our D would be anything short of special, had no reason to doubt the "cancers" had been removed. Goes to show that it is not all about top 10 recruiting, somewhere along the line there has to be a leader. Understand that teams have players that can lead and I believe we have one or more that the shoe fits.

I would suggest the following . . . . Instead of Mark Richt going to "kicking 101" he spend some time with players like Jarvis Jones and others before him that know "how to lead".

Along those lines, I am still caught up with the fact that Mark Richt does not understand where football games begin and end. As always the "big guys" don't get a lot of media attention, some do, most don't. How does Richt play his hand . . . . looks for folks behind the offensive line that bring national attention to whom . . . . Mark Richt.

Spurrier showed/proved again why he can beat a Mark Richt team, not once but three in a row at this point wearing the Carolina colors. He understands where Mark Richt's priorities are, makes for butt whippings that will continue next year I think unless . . . . changes are made.

ogredawg remember some of the talk we had about Mike Gilliard before the season started, wonder what your feelings are on that now.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49944 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: UGA-FLA

growl wrote: Man it is hard to watch a team you've followed and loved for so many years literally going down the tubes and not being able to stop it.

growl, been there before, more than once. The not being able to "stop it" is the thing that bothers me the most. Mark Richt is busy right now trying to figure out how he can continue this roll that he has been on for at least five years. Fool some of the people some of the time, can't fool all of the people all of the time.

McGarity, you satisfied with a "good man" and a head coach that will give you overall winning seasons, however cannot coach top ten talent up to higher levels. Sir, you have your man.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49945 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: UGA-FLA

Buc wrote:

ogredawg wrote: Did they not say last year and again this year that all of the "non team" type players are now gone. What was all the talk about me me me last year and again when Crowell left this year that this was no longer an issue. Coaches need to stop the me me me type attitude and they have not it seems. So again back to the same old same old with this coaching staff.

ogredawg you were right way back when. Think that many of "us" softened prior to the first game in 2012. Had no reason to believe that our D would be anything short of special, had no reason to doubt the "cancers" had been removed. Goes to show that it is not all about top 10 recruiting, somewhere along the line there has to be a leader. Understand that teams have players that can lead and I believe we have one or more that the shoe fits.

I would suggest the following . . . . Instead of Mark Richt going to "kicking 101" he spend some time with players like Jarvis Jones and others before him that know "how to lead".

Along those lines, I am still caught up with the fact that Mark Richt does not understand where football games begin and end. As always the "big guys" don't get a lot of media attention, some do, most don't. How does Richt play his hand . . . . looks for folks behind the offensive line that bring national attention to whom . . . . Mark Richt.

Spurrier showed/proved again why he can beat a Mark Richt team, not once but three in a row at this point wearing the Carolina colors. He understands where Mark Richt's priorities are, makes for butt whippings that will continue next year I think unless . . . . changes are made.

ogredawg remember some of the talk we had about Mike Gilliard before the season started, wonder what your feelings are on that now.

Buc I am really disappointed in Gillard right now. I expected him to be an impact player and leader going into his Senior season. Early in his career at UGA he got the chance to play when our LB's were decimated by injuries, and he played well. Here was a 3 star recruit coming in and showing how it was done.........now I just don't know. Seems like the me me me attitude is still around and maybe he got caught up in that......but still disappointed not just about him but this Defense as a whole. I have been one of CTG most vocal supporters as have you......but I cannot bring myself to continue in that support unless something changes drastically and I mean NOW. Lets hope that other young players who are going to get and getting the chance to play right now do not get caught up in the me me me attitude. All I can do is sigh and hope for coaching changes.

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 6 months ago #49946 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: UGA-FLA

growl wrote: Man it is hard to watch a team you've followed and loved for so many years literally going down the tubes and not being able to stop it.

Hmmmmm......isn't it really quite ODD that we are at 6-1, very unhappy... and see that we need change??...... 80% of college football fans and teams would kill for that and probably think we are out of our minds.

Irony at it's best.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds