Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

11 years 7 months ago #49176 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

Buc wrote:
Next week will feature 3 of the best running backs in the country.

and we should win because we have two of them and SC only has one. :)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #49177 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Fellows I try not to do this very often. After reading a lot of the comments in this thread, went back and picked up the copy and paste text below. Sometimes the little things become critical things. We have an offensive team, a defensive team and Special Team(s).

TN Dawg wrote:

Buc,
The thing that I have noticed while reading articles and watching interviews, is that whenever asked about UT's players our guys are aware of their abilities, but are quick to point out UGA has some good players too. Like the when the O is asked a question about the D they talk intelligently about that unit, and vice versa. That is sign of good team. Glad to see that at UGA

Buc wrote:
Truth . . . .

This team, offense and defense are not willing to take a back seat to any team. Looking forward to the game Saturday TN Dawg.

Notice that Richt is not comfortable with his special teams. Here again, Mark Richt pointed his finger at some players . . . . haven't seen that before. Of course in the offseason Richt also mentioned paying closer attention to the Special Teams.

In my opinion, one of if not the toughest thing to do on a football field is to be a punt returner, lots of factors involved. Not just a simple catch and run play. More bad things can happen on a punt return than any other play during a game in my opinion. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 7 months ago #49178 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

Mike Honcho wrote:
Wlayton...in my opinion you made the best point of any in this entire thread...the difference in this bunch...last year we don't commit three turnovers inside our own 20 (including a pick-six) and still come away with the win.

I agree... and I said it before wlayton did, lolol :laugh:

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
11 years 7 months ago #49198 by Mike Honcho
Replied by Mike Honcho on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
My bad Wart...credit where credit's due! No college football team, or really any organized sports team, has had a special season without having a few close calls or in some cases, even a loss along the way.

One of my favorite quotes of all time by some guy you may have heard of named Lombardi:

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”

Obviously we saw nothing close to perfection from our defense on Saturday, but we did see a group of guys refusing to quit and because of that, we saw HUGE plays in the last 5 minutes of the game from them...to me that is striving to attain perfection. Hopefully excellence follows for the rest of the season.

Ogre, totally understand where you're coming from, but we're also talking about a true freshman returning kickoff's and a relative newbie returning punts. A) we haven't had much time to coach 'em up and b) we're talking about two of, if not THE most dynamic playmakers we have...I'm sure there are people on the team that know the fundamentals behind fielding the ball better than those two, but I doubt there's any others that give us the type of big play ability they do. Richt said now seeing a few games of MM fielding punts that he'd be more comfortable just putting McGowan back there to fair catch them all...coaching.

• Mike Honcho
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #49201 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

Wartdawg wrote:

Mike Honcho wrote:
Wlayton...in my opinion you made the best point of any in this entire thread...the difference in this bunch...last year we don't commit three turnovers inside our own 20 (including a pick-six) and still come away with the win.

I agree... and I said it before wlayton did, lolol :laugh:

Guess my bad.....I started reading the post game posts and went ahead and made my comment before ever getting to yours......was skimming through them. Shame on me!! ;)

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 7 months ago #49202 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

Mike Honcho wrote: My bad Wart...credit where credit's due! No college football team, or really any organized sports team, has had a special season without having a few close calls or in some cases, even a loss along the way.

One of my favorite quotes of all time by some guy you may have heard of named Lombardi:

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”

Obviously we saw nothing close to perfection from our defense on Saturday, but we did see a group of guys refusing to quit and because of that, we saw HUGE plays in the last 5 minutes of the game from them...to me that is striving to attain perfection. Hopefully excellence follows for the rest of the season.

Ogre, totally understand where you're coming from, but we're also talking about a true freshman returning kickoff's and a relative newbie returning punts. A) we haven't had much time to coach 'em up and b) we're talking about two of, if not THE most dynamic playmakers we have...I'm sure there are people on the team that know the fundamentals behind fielding the ball better than those two, but I doubt there's any others that give us the type of big play ability they do. Richt said now seeing a few games of MM fielding punts that he'd be more comfortable just putting McGowan back there to fair catch them all...coaching.

Keep Gurley in the backfield and Mitchell wide out. No need for them to return anything with the talent we have on this team. What about injury. Would not be a wise coach who got them hurt returning punts or KO. The O has been lighting it up leading the nation in 20+ yard plays. No need what so ever to "make anything happen" on the KO or punt return. I could go on and on. Not going to drink any koolaid even at 5-0.

Saturday will define this team in Columbia East.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Honcho

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds