Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

11 years 7 months ago #49155 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Use Michael Bennet. He had good hands, and seems to be very smart...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #49157 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

WoodstockDawg wrote: Use Michael Bennet. He had good hands, and seems to be very smart...

I'm good with that. "Fair catch!"

More
11 years 7 months ago #49159 by Mike Honcho
Replied by Mike Honcho on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Not trying to stir the pot but have to put this out there...coaches coach, players execute. We tried to give the game away through poor execution...in no way, shape, or form were we outcoached in any aspect of that game.

Wlayton...in my opinion you made the best point of any in this entire thread...the difference in this bunch...last year we don't commit three turnovers inside our own 20 (including a pick-six) and still come away with the win.

• Mike Honcho
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #49162 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

thriller wrote: I saw where Richt said he'll be happy to just let Rhett McGowan fair catch punts for the rest of the year. Amen, brother Richt. Amen.

Agree. I understand that if you have a Brandon Boykin and an average offense like last year.....yes, try to make a play on punt returns. Boykin is gone!!

GREAT offense, so make smart decisions on punt returns etc......simple fair catch for field position is fine with this offense.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #49166 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
If Mitchell was coached up he would of called for a fair catch on that punt he let roll. Basic coaching of the punt return game.

Gurley should of let it roll out of bounds. Basic coaching on anything that close to the corner or side line.

Mitchell did not even fair catch the first punt with a Tn defender in his face. he was hit right away and lucky it was not a fumble.

Missing extra points and having extra points blocked.

Poor execution=poor coaching.

Not down on all the coaching just special teams coaching and it will cost us and cost us big.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 7 months ago #49169 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Great points by WLayton and MH...

I went back and looked at the play-by-play list, and I stand corrected, on my conservative thought... They were only conservative on the one series down on the one. That was MM issue...

GO DAWGS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds