Forum

Da'Rick Rogers

14 years 3 months ago #27569 by big dawg 3
Replied by big dawg 3 on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
I have a buddy who coached baseball at Rogers school. He is a huge Vol fan and he says that the kid has a lot of attitude. He is hoping that he comes to UGA. I was really pumped about this kid until I talked to some people in Calhoun, Ga. Everyone wants the kid to do great things, they are just worried about his attitude. I could care less about his talent. If he is not a team player we don't need him. With or without him I think we will be pleased with this recruiting class.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• big dawg 3
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago #27570 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
wlayton, Good points as usual. However, we don't KNOW if he is in AJ's league yet. We THINK we know, but we aren't sure. Every year we can look at a player who was considered a top 10 player in the country and ended up blowing.

I don't lose sleep over what one player does. it is the overall direction of the program I care about. The fact that we have a plan on defense is all I care about.

Just in recent memory, here are some players who were thought highly of:

Jasper Sanks (Top 3 RB in nation/CAN'T miss.) Result? MISSED
Patrick Pass (Top 5 RB in nation/CAN'T miss.) result? Stunk.
kade Weston (5 STAR/Stud/Can't miss). Result? DECENT. Maybe a little better than average.
Brandon Mitchell (5 STAR. Remmeber him? Waited till signing day between us and FSU? Was going to be an alltimer.) Result? Nothing.
Reshad Jones. (#1 S in nation. 5 Star. ) result? Couldn't tackle a 90 year old.

My point is, every year I hear of someone who is \"can't miss.\" And every year I see some who DO miss.

I think the kid will come here and do well. But if he doesn't, we'll be OK.

More
14 years 3 months ago #27573 by golferdawg
Replied by golferdawg on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
Local paper in Chattanooga contacted Nance's dad and he said both enjoyed their visit and will way their options. That's pretty much all that was said on the phone and in the article. I have seen the highlights on the news through out the season and he reminds me alot of Adaris Bowman who played here locally and was a freak. He was a dumb a$$ though. Went to North Carolina and was kicked out because of WEED! transfered to Ok State and had a pretty good career. Week before NFL draft was caught off campus with what else WEED!!! never made to the NFL and had the talent to become a good option for most teams in the league. Rogers has the talent and with CMR leadership could be a great reciever. It's the offseason's I affraid about with this kid. I hope he doesn't turn out to be the next Bowman, if so goto UT.

More
14 years 3 months ago #27574 by UGAFanDavid
Replied by UGAFanDavid on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
I hear Nick Rolbey will be decommitting as well. Heard he was mad about the firing of WM. Suppose to be looking around at Va Tech and West Virginia. AJC article says....

blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/01/25/fros...p;utm_medium=twitter

More
14 years 3 months ago #27580 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
UGAFanDavid wrote:

I hear Nick Rolbey will be decommitting as well. Heard he was mad about the firing of WM. Suppose to be looking around at Va Tech and West Virginia. AJC article says....

blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/01/25/fros...p;utm_medium=twitter

Let him sign somewhere else. With the guys we have and the fact the kid is 5' 8\" I didn't see him playing much outside of special teams anyways. I don't care how many stars the guy has.

Seriously, 5' 8\" corner? :dry: Another reason why WM is gone. :angry:

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #27585 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
BulldogShannon wrote:

wlayton, Good points as usual. However, we don't KNOW if he is in AJ's league yet. We THINK we know, but we aren't sure. Every year we can look at a player who was considered a top 10 player in the country and ended up blowing.

I don't lose sleep over what one player does. it is the overall direction of the program I care about. The fact that we have a plan on defense is all I care about.

Just in recent memory, here are some players who were thought highly of:

Jasper Sanks (Top 3 RB in nation/CAN'T miss.) Result? MISSED
Patrick Pass (Top 5 RB in nation/CAN'T miss.) result? Stunk.
kade Weston (5 STAR/Stud/Can't miss). Result? DECENT. Maybe a little better than average.
Brandon Mitchell (5 STAR. Remmeber him? Waited till signing day between us and FSU? Was going to be an alltimer.) Result? Nothing.
Reshad Jones. (#1 S in nation. 5 Star. ) result? Couldn't tackle a 90 year old.

My point is, every year I hear of someone who is \"can't miss.\" And every year I see some who DO miss.

I think the kid will come here and do well. But if he doesn't, we'll be OK.

Facts well pointed out. Let me ask you one question......do you want UGA to get the 5 star players and take THAT chance or do you want the UT's, UF's and Bama's of the world to get them? At least if we get them WE have that chance of them being great for us where if somebody else gets them we have NO CHANCE of having a great player.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds