Forum

Da'Rick Rogers

14 years 3 months ago #27594 by DAWG1277
Replied by DAWG1277 on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
I WISH!! If I were winning at a 90% clip of pots that I play, I would be the happiest poker player on earth! LOL!!

Back to the thread. Im not really a big fan of the short corners either. It just seems completely ludacris to me to put a 5'8 guy against a 6'1+ receiver. It was very evident this year w/ the Falcons. Seemed like everytime you turned around the Falcons corners were getting beat on fades and long balls. Darrelle Revis is 5'11 w/ a 38\" vertical and that guy is the best corner in the league. Not to mention, a blast to watch.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #27602 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
Couple of thoughts on Rogers and Robey . . . .

If Rogers is anywhere near the talent in college that he has been in high school, my thinking is that it would be hard \"not\" to play on the same team as AJ. AJ has proven to be a special player both on the field and off.

AJ is quick to share what he has learned, that to me is a \"real\" football player. If you have the talent, some of the talk about playing \"behind\" someone makes me shake my head at those comments. Some of these sports writers really like to mix it up, comical.

I would love to have the talent that Rogers has and look at the next few years at UGA and the QB situation, lots of positives there. If Rogers decides to put the \"cap\" on from another school, wish him the best.

Every year now there seems to be more and more young athletes coming out and pushing hard for playing time. Rogers as I mentioned earlier, having the kind of talent that AJ displayed while he was in high school, can only benefit is he chooses UGA. Don't put on a big show, choose the school that will benefit you the most and get after it on the football field and in the class room.

Robey is one heck of an athlete. We in Central Florida know that, apparently many college recruiters know this also.

If Robey does not choose UGA because of his relationship (short lived) with Martinez, then I would pose this question . . . . Where is Martinez coaching at present? What school or coach has been pounding on his door for his defensive prowess? While Martinez might have been a good person, he stunk the joint up with his lack of knowledge about coaching defense, especially the defensive backs. His performance there was nothing short of sad.

Liking someone will not take you to the next level, or make you special in college. Would like to have Robey here with us, but will not cry in my beer if his heart is not with UGA. Sign me a 2 or 3 star athlete or no stars that wants to play.

More
14 years 3 months ago #27604 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
Buc,very thoughtful point om the WM situation. Hadn't thought of that. It is funny that he seems to be more a WM fan than a TG fan-at least that is the way it is being portrayed. IF that is the case, then we may be better off without him:)

Compare that to Rambo, who said yesterday that we will be better this year than we were last year b/c of the players we will have on defense. A shot at WM, Reshad Jones and Evans? I don't know, but he seems to buy into TG/Lakatos whereas Robey seems to want the soft WM.

I'm like you, get someone else-though I don't want a 2 star. I love the guy you can coach up, but I don't want to get carried away and coach up a 2 star!! At least give me a 3 star!!!:)

:S

More
14 years 3 months ago #27607 by UGAFanDavid
Replied by UGAFanDavid on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
We also have Sanders Comming at cb. He went to the sme high school I graduated from. He is a pretty big size corner. 6'1-6'2 200 plus. He is friends with some friends of mine and he is a big corner. He also got a pick in the Texas A&M game. I think he has a chance to be a bigger hitter.

More
14 years 3 months ago #27608 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
I am jacked about Boykin and Smith at CB this yar. may be the best athletes at CB in the SEC this year

More
14 years 3 months ago #27612 by UGAFanDavid
Replied by UGAFanDavid on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
Kadron Boone may come to UGA as well. He at least has us in his top 5...

sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/footb...ews/story?id=4862356

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds