Forum

Da'Rick Rogers

14 years 3 months ago #27588 by DAWG1277
Replied by DAWG1277 on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) David Pollack was a 3star....just sayin. They dont all have to be 4s and 5s to be great. I personally dont put much stock in the star ratings. Who decides how many stars a kid gets anyway? I actually dont know the answer to that question.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #27589 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
I don't believe all ratings either and feel the same way.....BUT there are the 5 star kids that ARE 5 star players and can't miss. Look know further than AJ Green. The list is much bigger than you realize, its just the flops stand out more. Kind of like taking a test, thinking you failed it because in reviewing it in your head you only remember the ones that you missed.....you get the score and it is still a 90.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
14 years 3 months ago #27590 by wlayton
UGAFanDavid wrote:

I hear Nick Rolbey will be decommitting as well. Heard he was mad about the firing of WM. Suppose to be looking around at Va Tech and West Virginia. AJC article says....

blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/01/25/fros...p;utm_medium=twitter

I don’t think that he has de-committed, though he is definitely looking around. The guy is a great athlete, and he can play. Finished 2nd in the state long jump. I hope he sticks. USC is after him hard…

From UGA Sports.com:

I inquired with Frostproof athlete Nickell Robey about the recent story claiming he is not likely to sign with Georgia.

Robey immediately replied \"that is not true\" and that \"I am very much still committed to Georgia.\"

He said he would call me back tomorrow to do a full update as he was busy with school work.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
14 years 3 months ago #27591 by DAWG1277
Replied by DAWG1277 on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
wlayton wrote:

I don't believe all ratings either and feel the same way.....BUT there are the 5 star kids that ARE 5 star players and can't miss. Look know further than AJ Green. The list is much bigger than you realize, its just the flops stand out more. Kind of like taking a test, thinking you failed it because in reviewing it in your head you only remember the ones that you missed.....you get the score and it is still a 90.

I understand what your saying wlayton. And yes, the bad things always stand out more. I am a pretty active poker player, and can ALWAYS remember the hands that I got beat by, but dont remember half of the ones I win with.

More
14 years 3 months ago #27592 by golferdawg
Replied by golferdawg on topic Re:Da'Rick Rogers
Getdown11 wrote:

UGAFanDavid wrote:

I hear Nick Rolbey will be decommitting as well. Heard he was mad about the firing of WM. Suppose to be looking around at Va Tech and West Virginia. AJC article says....

blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/01/25/fros...p;utm_medium=twitter

Let him sign somewhere else. With the guys we have and the fact the kid is 5' 8\" I didn't see him playing much outside of special teams anyways. I don't care how many stars the guy has.

Seriously, 5' 8\" corner? :dry: Another reason why WM is gone. :angry:

Tim Jennings was a 5'8\" corner and he wasn't to bad.. Darrell Green was 5'7 witht he Redskins. Heart says a lot about a corner. Speed helps too. Yea they have trouble with the fade pattern in the corner of the end zone against someone like Green or Jones from Bama. Tim is a good NFL and drafted in the first or second round, I think second..

Jennings goes up against the best every week now and isn't doing to bad. We all will be watching him in 2 weeks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #27593 by wlayton
Great....so if my 90% analysis is accurate, you must be winning a lot of $.....know when to hold em and know when to fold em? Keep winning my friend!!

Excellent point (and facts) golferdawg.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds