Forum

The coming Florida dynasty...

15 years 5 months ago #18345 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:The coming Florida dynasty...
Ugaa,
I respect your posted thoughts but disagree about Florida as a quality team. Again, I may be all wrong here, but the cumulative evidence of this season and most of the past three seasons persuades me to consider UF a frightening nightmare of a football powerhouse. Of course they won the MNC in ’06, had an off year (9-4 I think, last year) and are ranked in the top 5 or 6 teams in the country today.

Additionally, they deserve to be ranked where they are. Their style of play and aggressive athleticism don’t just win games, they slaughter and demoralize the opposition. They did so to LSU, KY and UGA. I am not saying that I like their style of play or approve of it, just that it is effective in winning ball games and projecting their team and their program into the limelight and the stratosphere of national rankings.

Unlike some, I love our coach and his style of play, but there is no way that I can accept anyone’s argument as rational or objective that Florida is not very, very good. I say this with great difficulty because I dislike the slimy reptiles immensely. But I try to be what I consider a true Southerner and true Georgian. To me, it means honesty, integrity, courtesy, practicality and objectivity in evaluating performance. As a Georgian, I want to always give the opposition the benefit of the doubt and require the highest of standards in conduct and discipline and play from our own team and our own people.

People still express skepticism of Tebow as a quality QB. Forget it! He is very, very good! Can he pass? Yes, yes, yes! Maybe not the best thrower of all time, but he has a personal arsenal of physical and mental characteristics that render him to be one of the best players in the country and one of the best QB’s in the country. Tebow doesn’t play with smoke and mirrors, and I think the same is true of the Gators. As much as I hate it, the Gators are very, very good. They lost one game this year by one point. That isn’t bad to this point in the season. I hope Bama takes them apart, and I will be rooting the Tide on against them, and Bama may beat them, but if they do, it will not be the way that Bama beat the Dawgs. If Bama beats Florida, they will squeak past. If Florida wins, it may be close, but they have the capability to blow out Bama or anyone else.

We as Dawgs are not done this year; we can still be successful as others have noted here. We will continue to progress and improve and build, but right now, Florida is superior to Georgia on the gridiron. I hope CMR can change this over the course of the next few years.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds