Forum

The coming Florida dynasty...

15 years 5 months ago #18205 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:The coming Florida dynasty...
Stafford will leave. Knowshon might and might not.

Behind Stafford is Logan Gray, and probably Aaron Murray. Behind Knowshon is Caleb King and (my personal favorite) Richard Samuel.

We had massive amounts of injuries this year. Last year Gators were whining about a dinged-up Tebow with a bruise on his shoulder. Really? Let me let you in on a little secret list I've compiled:

Marcus Washington
Dannell Ellerbe
Jeff Owens
Trinton Sturdivant
Tripp Chandler
Bruce Figgins
Vince Vance
Akeem Hebron
Tony Wilson

All of these people are either out for the season or they're pretty damn dinged up. Ellerbe's first game back was Florida, I believe, and Figgins has been playing with a torn labrum. None of these guys are non-contributing third-stringers. Tony Wilson's the only one who hasn't had a major impact on a game yet in his career, and he's caught a few balls along the way.

Let's face it, folks, this wasn't our year. We didn't have the schedule nor the health for it. But how great to say \"it wasn't our year\" in a year when we still have the chance to go 11-2, play on January 1 (or, if things shake out like they did last year, in a BCS bowl), and be top ten YET AGAIN in the Richt era. Jeez, was there this much whining in 2004? The exact same thing happened that year! We were expected to compete for the national championship, lost to Tennessee early and then lost to Auburn badly. We got CREAMED in that game, 24-6. And we didn't have the injuries in 2004 that we have now. Stop complaining. The good news is we can beat Kentucky. We can beat Auburn. If we keep our heads in the game, we can equal \"The Drought\" from back in the 50's, with a chance to hold the longest streak on either side in the series by beating Tech again in 2009. You know that we can hold our own with any Big Ten team they throw at us in the Capital One or Outback Bowls. We can definitely play with the big boys in the Big 12 in the Cotton Bowl, too. But we have to get there first, and negative energy doesn't help things, boys.

These are the two teams that I thought we might lose to at the beginning of the year. We did so. I know this was a bad loss. Combine the factors of playing a terrible game on both sides of the ball, having the refs against us (it's not an excuse for losing; we would have lost anyway. But they WERE against us), being as injured as we've been all season long and having everything on the line against one of our most hated rivals...well it's gonna make for a bitter week. Let's go take it out on Kentucky. Let's blow out Auburn for a third straight year. Let's murder Tech to death. Let's show them that we don't quit.

Let's show them what Georgia football is all about. Go Dawgs!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #18219 by bigdaddy3050
Replied by bigdaddy3050 on topic Re:The coming Florida dynasty...
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
15 years 5 months ago #18221 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:The coming Florida dynasty...
I was talking with my guy about the MS and KM status and opinions on leaving.

Chapas is MS's roomate and my guy's father was talking with Chapas' father this past friday night at the Bolles HS football game here in Jax (Chapas went to Bolles HS) and Chapas' father said that MS has talked to Chapas about wanting to stay for his senior year. Now after this past Sat., who knows? He may say to heck with it and go on to the pro's or he may want to come back even more NOW.

But at least prior to this weekend, MS had talked at length with Chapas and Chapas felt he wanted to come back. Let's hope so but the biggest problem is the collective bargaining agreement running out at the end of next year and that could cost him BIG bucks.

PVBDAWG

More
15 years 5 months ago #18314 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:The coming Florida dynasty...
dapolla,
You wrote an excellent post...very well stated. I still agree w/ ChemDawg though.
I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I still have resurging feelings from last year regarding our defensive philosophy. CWM uses a containment type of defense based on predominant zone coverage in the secondary. It's a wait-and-see defense as opposed to a higher percentage use of blitzes and man-to-man coverages in the secondary. No doubt he and CMR know more of what they are doing and how to do it than I do, but I would like to see more of an aggressive style. With the best teams, you've got to go all out and take some risks.

More
15 years 5 months ago #18317 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:The coming Florida dynasty...
Totally agree DawgSpeare but with one exception......I shutter thinking about Evans playing man to man :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

PVBDAWG

More
15 years 5 months ago #18332 by ugaa
Replied by ugaa on topic Re:The coming Florida dynasty...
I cant believe anyone thinks that UF is setting up a dynasty, they are doing it with smoke and mirrors but they are a disciplined team who made very few mistakes where UGA made a ton of mistakes.

I dont know what game some of you were watching but even with that patchwork line and our limping players they did well at moving the ball and if it wasnt for turnovers then stupid penalties on the first drive it would have been a different game. You remember they had them stopped on that first drive when a dumb penalty and a stupid blown mark on a first down call then we are down 7-0, I dont know what they were thinking with that onside kick but it killed an already tired defense. It wasnt nearly as bad as the score led people to believe and I dont think UF stands a chance against those monster linemen of alabama, it will be kind of hard after florida I think I hate bama the most.........

Oh well hopefully everyone will be back and healthy next year and maybe richt can get a few juco linmen transfers

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds