Forum

We're five & zip, what's wrong with that!!

17 years 7 months ago #816 by DawgDoc
:oops: :oops: :oops: Maybe I lived too long. Fifty- six years of watching Georgia football and fifty-four years a season ticket holder makes me a little more tolerant than some of the other and younger Dawg faithful. In the 50's we had All-American players at QB, ends and RHB. We ran out of a T-formation, no wide outs as such. With all that talent we never had much better than a 500 season. I was in undergraduate & graduate school durning the infamous drought. We never beat Tech the seven years I was in school. Graduated from the Veterinary College in June of 1957 and we ended the drought in Nov. of 1957. The early sixties were horrible until the arrival of a guy named Vince. Since then I think we have become a little SPOILED. This year we could loose 4 games. I hope not and I hope we will surprise a few people. The youngsters will get better, but it's a slow process. Be patient. I rant and rave just as much as the rest of you, believe me. JT the third should help the young line and receivers settle down and become more proficient. Let's hope so, especially with the Vols coming to our house this Sat. Win or lose, they are still the Georgia Bulldogs and deserve our support. MR has proven is worth as a head coach. We will win some games that we were not picked to win, I can assure you. Let's start with that "Rocky Top" bunch from Tenn.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Member since 1999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DawgDoc
  • DawgDoc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 7 months ago #818 by RR-Dawg
Amen, Reverend of the Dawgs!!!

• RR-Dawg
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #820 by stevedawg
DawgDoc,
I was there in 1957 at the Tech game. Sitting in the stands with my mom who was a Tech fan. That's when this dawg caught dawg fever.

CMR has proven himself. The team is still finding it's way and I hope they can keep up the good work.

the editor,
Steve
Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

17 years 7 months ago #823 by FL_Dawg_Fan
Replied by FL_Dawg_Fan on topic Re: We're five & zip, what's wrong with that!!
Well, my Dawg days don't start as far back as you guys but it's still been a while. My "transformation day" came in Jacksonville in 1977. I was the ONLY one in my family, not to mention our section at the stadium, wearing orange and blue. Come on, I lived in FL...what else would you expect? LOL!!! Well, after the Bulldog breakfast where I met Coach Dooley and Lewis Grizzard...the tailgating at the baseball park across from the stadium, and then of course the game....I knew I was meant to be a Dawg.

So no mattter where our season goes from here....hopefully ATL!! I will still be happy, still believe in CMR, and always love the DAWGS!!!!

-Kevin

• FL_Dawg_Fan
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #824 by dapolla
...I still have 27 years of Dawgdom under my belt. You see, my grandfather has taught at the University since 1969. My father went there, as did his two brothers. Also my youngest uncle's wife. Also my grandmother. Did I mention my mother's brother? Oh, and I got my master's in fine arts there in 2005. I remember my first game at age 4, although I don't remember who we played. I was in Sanford Stadium when we defeated Southern Miss and a talented guy named Brett Favre. I was there in '98 when we blew a 13-point lead in around 90 seconds against Tech. I remember the "Dump Ray Gump" years. We must, MUST be patient. It's really very phenomenal what we've done with two freshman quarterbacks. When you consider the talent that Goff had and squandered, when you consider that Donnan never took the talent he had to its full fruition, you look at what Richt has done with both excellent and average talent and you have to have faith and patience.

I'm taking an old family friend to the game Saturday; my mother's college roommate from Tennessee. That's right; I grew up in The House Divided. This woman and my father have a long-standing bet: if Tennessee wins, my father wears UT shorts the next day. If Georgia wins, it's red-and-black shorts for her. My father wore orange for nine straight years. Thanks to CMR, he had to blow dust off of them in '04...that's how much real estate we now OWN on Rocky Top. Let's be patient. We're 5-0. When Vandy went 4-0 last year, it was the first time they had done it since WWII. Things could be much worse. The Carolina game could - and should - have been much closer. We could have lost to CU and Ole Miss. 5-0 is prettier than 2-3, no matter how ugly the games themselves looked.

One more thing: I'm a Braves fan. There are those of us who got massively spoiled starting in 1991, but I remember going to Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium in the '80s when you could literally stroll over two sections to get a fly ball; that's how bad we were and that's how few people went to the games.

I guess what I'm saying is, let's not turn into Miami fans, who've been calling for Larry Coker's head since the '03 Fiesta Bowl. Let's not turn into Nebraska, who had the gall to fire Frank Solich after a 9-3 season, or Ole Miss, who fired Cutcliffe one year removed from Eli Manning. Above all, let's not turn into Florida fans, who put up a website calling for a coach to be fired immediately, all for the unforgiveable crime of not being Steve Spurrier.

I have a piece of clothing that helps define me as a Georgia fan and as a person. I own a white T-shirt. On the front of it I've written and drawn with paint pens the Georgia 'G' and the legend 'PLEASE DON'T MENTION THE GAME!' On the back, I have the dates and scores of every game we've lost since I began attending UGA in 2002. I add to that shirt immediately following every loss, and I wear the shirt the next day. Just under the collar on the back, I've written the phrase "RED AND BLACK, WIN OR LOSE."

Go Dawgs. Take it to the Big Pumpkin and his Rocky Top impostors. Because we're allowing less than a touchdown a game, and I know we can score seven.

GO DAWGS!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 7 months ago #825 by FL_Dawg_Fan
Replied by FL_Dawg_Fan on topic Re: We're five & zip, what's wrong with that!!
Dapolla -

LMAO!!! Do all Dawg fans also have to be Braves fans?? I know that my entire family is!! I live in FL but I was born in College Park and lived the first 7 years of my life in Hapeville. While I had to be converted to Dawgism, I've always been a Braves fan. I can remember, after we moved to FL, staying up until 3am watching the Braves on WTCG(remember when it was called that?) and seeing if Garber could pull out another save! I liked him up until the point that he busted Rose's hitting streak...LOL!!

-Kevin

• FL_Dawg_Fan
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds