Forum

Texas visitor coming to Athens...

17 years 7 months ago #772 by Texas_uga_visitor
Replied by Texas_uga_visitor on topic Re: Texas visitor coming to Athens...
Thanks for the help, guys! The season ticket holder who I bought from was telling me all about Athens (or as much as he possible could in a 10 minute phone conversation). Sounds like a hell of a place to be on an October Saturday. Can't wait!!

Just secured my tickets this morning...Sec 307; 50 yd line baby!

GO DAWGS!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Texas_uga_visitor
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #781 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: Texas visitor coming to Athens...
hey buddy, i sit in Sec. 306. It's a great part of the stadium and you won't be disappointed. If at all possible, park off campus in one of the city lots or, if you get there early enough, you can pull onto the curb in certain places and the cops won't care. Park on the northside of he city and walk down through downtown. It's just a beautiful sight seeing all of those bars filled to the brim with the dawg nation. As to which restaurant/bar to eat at I can't really help you there(too many good ones to count on both hands and feet). My personal favorites are Amici's, The Broad Street Bar and Grill, The Taco Stand, The Varsity(Classic football food) or The Pollack Press but it really is based on personal preference. After touring downtown, definitley take in the old college at North Campus. That's where the Arch is and a grassy area where it is shaded and quite peaceful, most of the time. Head south from there towards the bridge in front of the stadium. On the way you should pass Terry Buisness College or the Law Library and alot of tailgates and parties. If you'd like, just talk to the tailgaters about the Campus and the team. They usually have the best opinions and advice. Once you get to the Bridge, take in the sweet view of the stadium, and depending on what time it is, you can check out the Dawg Walk or head to South Campus where Foley Field, the Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall, and even more Tailgates and Parties are. I would recommend hitting up Butts-Mehre. There you can see Herschel Walker's and Frank Sinkwich's Heisman Trophies as well as the National CHampionship Trophy from 1980. There are even more cool Dawg exhibits there, but if you do take my advice, wear good walking shoes because it can be quite a workout, and if you are a true College football fan, you won't be sorry. GO DAWGS!

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #783 by Texas_uga_visitor
Wow...thanks, Jack24 - I will definately have to take some of your advice and get as much out of Athens as I can. I've heard a lot about this Broad Street Bar...have to check it out!

Thanks again and GO DAWGS!!

• Texas_uga_visitor
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #793 by RR-Dawg
Replied by RR-Dawg on topic Re: Texas visitor coming to Athens...
AHHHHH the "Greasy V"!!!! I hate you guys. Now I really have to get back home.........chili dogs,...... onion rings,......grilled cheese...... (looking at appointment book.."Has the teleporter been invented yet?")

• RR-Dawg
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #821 by Texas_uga_visitor
Ok, guys, again I'm the UGA rookie here...but, how much louder is Sanford going to be now that the importance of this game has come to fruition? Night game...#9 vs. #13...best defense in the country vs one of the best rated QB's in the country...I'm definately excited to be coming Athens on a weekend like this!!!

GO DAWGS!!

• Texas_uga_visitor
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #822 by RR-Dawg
Replied by RR-Dawg on topic Re: Texas visitor coming to Athens...
That's a good question. How loud will it be? EVERYONE GOING TELL AT LEAST 10 FANS AT THE GAME TO PASS THE WORD TO BE VERY LOUD!!! I wish I was more useful as a 12th man but I doubt if my screams at the tv are ever heard beyond my next door neighbors here in Arkansas. Will someone give a "Gooooooooo Dawgs! Sic 'Em! Woof woof woof!!" for me? BTW, this weekend will shut up these Arkys when Auburn Tigers eat their pigs as raw bbq and GEORGIA HAS A VOLUNTEER FOR AN @$$ WHOOPIN'!!! :P

• RR-Dawg
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds