Forum

Texas visitor coming to Athens...

17 years 7 months ago #724 by Texas_uga_visitor
Texas visitor coming to Athens... was created by Texas_uga_visitor
...when the Vols come to town. Some buddies of mine decided last year to take a road trip to a big sporting event each year (it just started last year and we haven't ventured outside of SEC football). We were fortunate enough to see the Tigers win on a missed FG by Auburn in Death Valley last year - GREAT EXERIENCE!!

This year we decided that "Between the Hedges" would be the place for us to catch a game. We're driving up (the road trip is half the fun) Friday morning hoping to get the full experience of Athens and the University of Georgia. Please advise on places to grab a beer, where to tailgate and what to do after the game.

Thanks and Go Dawgs!!

Chad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Texas_uga_visitor
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #750 by Texas_uga_visitor
Replied by Texas_uga_visitor on topic Re: Texas visitor coming to Athens...
Anyone?? :(

• Texas_uga_visitor
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #758 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Texas visitor coming to Athens...
there are simply too many places to name to give it any justice! Parking shouldn't be a problem and you can walk from one place to the other over the 4-5 block area. Start at North Campus, at the Arch, cross Broad Street and begin your tour!!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
17 years 7 months ago #762 by RR-Dawg
Replied by RR-Dawg on topic Re: Texas visitor coming to Athens...
Been a year or so since I've been back HOME and walked the downtown area, but I always enjoyed the "Nowhere" bar (cheap beer and lots of screens with sports). If you're out late and get the beer munchies I used to love getting "fries and feta" at "The Grill". Hometowners help me out if anythings changed with those places. But like the other guy said, you really can't go wrong with all the choices. It's hellova lot better and cheaper than Hotlanta!! Damn, I miss it there. :cry:

• RR-Dawg
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #768 by flyindawg
Replied by flyindawg on topic Re: Texas visitor coming to Athens...
Broad street Bar and Grill. It's right across from the campus.

More
17 years 7 months ago #770 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: Texas visitor coming to Athens...
For game day before the game Blind Pig, little different BBQ than Texas brisket but pretty good, after the game walk out under the arches and take your pick, straight ahead or either direction down Broad street. Hope you enjoy your visit, welcome to Athens!

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds