The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 5 months ago #82692 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP
Chief…. I have a bit more to add with Saturday morning coffee….  

Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
1 year 5 months ago #82694 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP
Florida thinks it can run on UGA, but that is far from my concern. Even if they can a little, I think it comes down to our offense. We've struggled with inconsistency in the passing game all year and two years in a row, Stetson has struggled against these bozos.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #82700 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP
Good morning gents,

Morning coffee is steaming in my new Acadia park mug (YD1 - good good call on the wasabi lobsta roll)

Bittersweet morning today with Vince's passing yesterday. Excited for the game, but sad at the closure of a very important chapter in Georgia history. Talking with my Gaytor buddies back home, none of them see this ending well for them and have been very reserved in showing any excitement about the game. I've been looking at some orange & blue forums and surprisingly, for the most part, they've been very gracious in Vince's passing in a "sympathy for the devil" sort of way. Most have had good words for him, and respect him even though they hated him because he owned them in his career at the helm of UGA. 

I agree with Wart on this (imagine that. I should just start typing 'ditto' under his posts): the key to this game is simple - score. Put points on the board and do it quickly. This game has had a tendency over the last few years to start slow in the 1st quarter. Last year was 0-0 in the first until we broke it open in the 2nd. 2020 we'll ignore because no one cares about that season and that FU victory was kind of like kissing your sister. 2019 was the same way, going back & forth all game until we finally pulled it out 24-17. 

We have, or at least I want to believe we have, an elite offense. If our machine is in timing today, there's no way possible FU keeps up with us. But if we show another half-assed and quite frankly, poorly schemed offensive game plan with poor line blocking and let FU hang around, it could get more dicey than any of us like. We need a strong team performance today to make that -22.5 (or is it -24 now?) against FU look juicy and disrespectful going into the Tennessee game. I'd really like to see Monken serve up that vertical offense we saw against Oregon and come out of the gate like a bat out of hell. If we control the momentum quickly, I think it will expose every FU deficiency - especially Richardson. Richardson is a unstable QB to begin with, but when he gets under pressure and plays from behind with a sense of urgency, his decision making goes down the toilet and he reverts to the only thing he knows - scrambling. I'll be happy to take a scrambling QB today. We can deal with that.

All in all...you're going to see a mismatch of talent on the field today with our guys being bigger, faster, stronger. This is a game on paper in every statistical category we should dominate. Go do it.

YD/Growl - what's a cookin' today for game day?

Gonna be a long day until kickoff. Lots of fall cleanup to do outside before game time, which will help with the game time jitters & clock watching.  Keep an eye on that UK/UT game. That one may be closer than we think.

Losing Dan Jackson for the season is going to hurt when we get to Tennessee. 

GATA!!!! GO DAWGS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
1 year 5 months ago #82701 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP
Solid comments SD...

Nothing much to add other than this will come down to getting Stetson comfortable early. Florida will probably load the box against pass and run, and we've got to be successful getting over the LB level early with passing game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
1 year 5 months ago #82702 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP
SD…. have to omit that it was my Maine farm girl wife that introduced me to the wasabi mayo lobsta roll.. in 2017 … since then she has made her own wasabi mayo … it crazy good on roast beef sandwiches…. Find a tube of wasabi paste mix with mayo until you get the zing you want….

Sidebar… Chief as in Navy Chief aka Growl spent time in Bath at the Bath Iron Wiorks shipyard … so the 3 of us share the experience of how beautiful that area of the coast is.

Yes a sad day for the Bulldawg Nation … with passing of Coach Dooley…. Truly a southern gentleman..

As far as the game today …. Just stomp them early and often…

Really simple …. This should not be close …. Unless we let them hang around by not playing to our standard…

Weather will let us enjoy the patio one more time…. Butt is happily enjoying a dose of smoke…. Daughters making sides… me I have a cooler filled with a fine selection of IPA’s. Blessed… life is good

Go Dawg

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds