Forum

GAME DAY: Samford Bulldogs vs GEORGIA BULLDOGS

1 year 7 months ago #82563 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: Samford Bulldogs vs GEORGIA BULLDOGS
For a while there it felt a little like the Coach Richt era had returned--you know...where we take the foot off the gas after getting up to a comfortable lead.
The thing is, CKS has to be smart about things. It is clear we're a title contender right now. No point risking injury by chasing points. It's a long season, and games like this need to be managed so as to not impact our ability to win against stiffer opponents.
Besides, I'm predicting another Natty. Bennett goes down as the greatest QB in Georgia history (because that's the default setting for multiple Natty's). This is the beginning of the Georgia era. And I realize all that is simply homerism, but I like the way it rattles around my brain, so I'm sticking with it.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #82564 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: Samford Bulldogs vs GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Good Sunday morning SD, I have a large mug of dark roast..in hand…..

Pondering yesterday’s game….. after lengthy thought..

“We Won”….. move on to the chickens… on a weekend ..that saw a great flush of fakers from shakers .. I will whistle by the cemetery….

Kirby has a weeks worth of teachable moments from yesterday’s paid practice….

It brought joy to my heart to see the lizards sink in the swamp..

And the cherry on top was the highest paid college football team in the country…getting tossed around like my dogs chew toy..

Beautiful…. Speaking of beautiful… I have been blessed to visit Boone,NC …..home to Appy State.. stunning campus , Texas A & P now is the new Michigan…. Yippee Jimbo….

Can’t close without a shoutout to Georgia Southern… sent the Huskers down to defeat…. Love college football,

The talking heads will have a week to sort this out…

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
1 year 7 months ago #82565 by yankeedawg1
So… sun has broken out in Athens…. Wife and Duchess packing up to go and do an afternoon walk seeing everything has dried out…. I need to hustle and catch up and get ready to join them..

First a thought wandered into my head ….  The HC at Samford Chris Hatcher was who hired  Kirby to his first job in coaching football at  Valdosta State.  

totally convinced. Kirby had no intention of running the score up on the man who started mentoring our HC… on doing things the right way….. page one book one on the development of CKS’s. Process…. Which continues with each game he coaches…a very good thing for Georgia football…..

Go Dawgs….

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #82566 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: Samford Bulldogs vs GEORGIA BULLDOGS
I should take the first games with whoever more seriously because any loss is a loss. I never say we will win until we win. But... you know what I mean. The other teams played good and now they know.

The games were good to watch but watching this year's team work it's way into a Dawg football machine is my main viewing angle. I was very pleased with what I saw.

Being from way back I watch for the regulars that come through our schedule that can and have whooped our butt. So, next week, game on!

Go Dawgs

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

1 year 7 months ago #82568 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic GAME DAY: Samford Bulldogs vs GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Great win. Look around the landscape. ND loses. A&M loses. Bama ALMOST lost. UF loses. Ohio State wins over ND---not a good win. Yeah, UGA did not win 60-0. But a couple points:

1. We threw a shutout.
2. No silly turnovers.
3. Game sandwiched between 2 bigger gamess.

South Carolina is in trouble.

WE actually need one very close SEC win to grab our players' attention going forward. 

I feel extremely good about us after two weeks.

I do think our OG's needs more push. 

That's about it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
1 year 7 months ago #82571 by yankeedawg1
Our OL better pass pro … working to get better on run blocking….   Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds