Forum

SEC Media Days & Approaching Fall Camp

1 year 8 months ago #82487 by SouthernDawg
SEC Media Days & Approaching Fall Camp was created by SouthernDawg
Well gents, it's good to know that the pigskins are being pumped up & the grass is being cut for the fall sport we all love so much. YD, was sitting here with a steaming cup of mud pouring through media content on SEC Media Days and figured I'd touch base. 

It's been a busy (and quite hot) summer here, and in a way I'm scratching my head saying where has the year gone already? Seems like just two months ago we were all basking in the afterglow of winning a natty and experiencing that feeling. I have to say, I am 100% confident that I will have no sports experience like that ever again in my life. If UGA repeats this season as king of the gridiron, it would be awesome but it would never be the same as what it felt like in 2021. That said, life is best lived in the future and not the past. I am glad I got to experience it, glad I got to experience with ya'll here (and with pop firmly planted in his command center recliner) and chattering our way all season together towards that magical moment. 

Arch Manning going to Tejas? I was 100% confident (and even pretty sure I said it on here a few times) that there is no way that Arch comes to UGA. Manning, Inc. wasn't going to buy into Kirby's earn-it-before-you-get-it approach. A little Tejas oil money didn't hurt either. But it was never meant to be. Life moves on, and I for one am really thrilled that we no longer have daily updates from the sports media on Arch Manning's take-a-dump schedule and have to listen to these idiots analyze how that relates to which school he's going to choose. 

I'll try to get back into posting regularly when fall camp breaks in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to this season, once again sharing it with ya'll.

growl: Pop has been perfecting an unreal pork butt recipe on the Pit Boss over the summer. Even I have to say its the best I've ever had. Game day food this year should be off the charts... smoked spam (try it before you knock it), pork butts, brisket, sausage, little smokies, bacon wrapped colby & fontina jalepeno poppers, deep fried gator tail, some killer fried pickles. 

Fall is around the corner. Can't wait to share it with ya'll again. Look for some video clips in another thread

SD
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 8 months ago #82489 by growl
Replied by growl on topic SEC Media Days & Approaching Fall Camp
Man I love “Smoked Spam” just can’t get Mamasita to try it, I smoke my Bologna before using it also mmmm.  I l’ll have to try some of the other dishes also.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
1 year 7 months ago #82490 by growl
Replied by growl on topic SEC Media Days & Approaching Fall Camp
I’m hearing the sounds of Sec Football getting nearer and nearer

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
1 year 7 months ago #82494 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic SEC Media Days & Approaching Fall Camp
And its a great sound isn't it?

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 7 months ago #82495 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic SEC Media Days & Approaching Fall Camp
And …. The next sweet sound will be …

“ Touchdown Georgia “. Update the resident Dog at YD1

House … Duchess is a Harlequin Great Dane now 16 months old
dainty 115 Lbs 42 inches high at the front shoulder… sub 4.0 in the 40 …. She having a great fall camp terrorizing squirrels in the south forty… she is ready for her second season… as a puppy we won a Natty…. Ready for a repeat… had to go to supersized treat bag….stay safe and well…. Go Dawgs…

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 7 months ago #82496 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic SEC Media Days & Approaching Fall Camp
I.m hearing you SD. I'm sitting here watching last years' two playoff games as a UGA "marathon". After that, it's only looking forward for me. I was only 13 when we won it in 1980 so last year felt exhilerating and new to me. Watching my two daughters (16 and 14) jumping and crying when Ringo had his Pick-6 will forever be burned in my memory. I think it is their version of "Run Lyndsey Run" but with higher stakes.

Just as no world series will ever replace the 1991 Braves, I don't know how any more Natty will ever replace the 2021 Dawgs. I just wish Munson had lived long enough to see it.

Before the Ringo play, the Michel winning TD in the Rose Bowl over Oklahoma had been the most excited my family and I had been as Dawg fans. We went bonkers that night. Tears were flowing. Furniture shaken. 

We may or may not get back to the playoffs in 2023 but that's ok. We are in good shape from Head coach on down. Recruiting is elite. We will be in the discussion for the next decade or so. We have the PERFECT man running our team: an alumni WITH the youth and burning desire to keep getting better. 

Looking back, I'm glad KS spent so many with Saban. He's taken his knowledge and philosophy from Saban, and mixed it with his own personality to create an annual MONSTER.

I'm not gonna predict our record this regular season but I do know we will pummel Oregon. I'd say 11-1 or 12-0 regular season and then we take our chances.

The team I "think" will be our toughest is @ Kentucky but I could be wrong.

Go Dawgs and look forward to getting back on here with you all for another run.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds