Forum

From Athens- Very Interesting

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #82453 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Very Interesting
The timing of Luke's departure is bizarre. Not that I'm insinuating anything untoward or unsporting, I'm just saying its bizarre. You'd think this would have happened after the NC game, not a few weeks before spring ball. It puts us in a pickle, that's for sure.

Sources I have talked with that are getting 2nd or 3rd hand info from inside the program say there's nothing to worry about here with Luke: there's no "back story." It was genuine burnout and a recalibration of his priorities. While a lot of people would like to start rumors, from what I hear, there really are none.

The fact remains that the college football cycle is brutal on trying to foster any sense of normalcy or have genuine family life. Like it or not, families play 2nd fiddle to football. I wish it weren't that way, but there's no denying that it is that way. If this is the reason for Luke's departure, and I don't doubt that it is, then good for him. Football will always be there and he'll have absolutely no difficulty in picking up another SEC gig should the football feather tickle his neck.

Meanwhile - this is what separates the men from the boys in terms of coaches. What kind of O-line coach will Kirby get? My suspicion: a damned good one. Georgia's stock is at an all-time high right now. No difficulty in poaching away real talent with the program in the elite position it currently finds itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #82454 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Very Interesting
Yeah... I haven't heard any of my alum friends with any concerning back story, and awhile back there was an interview with Kirby where he talked about college coaches going to the NFL because it was less stressful than the nightmare that CFB has become.

Doesn't matter though... things are as they are. Adapt to survive.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 1 month ago #82455 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Very Interesting
Wart …. SD … the locals here in Athens that I have talked with

agree .. there is no there there with Luke .. as of now he and his family are remaining in Athens….

Kirby will have quality candidates for our OLC..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 1 month ago #82456 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Very Interesting
Turn over likely caused by the team's success last season and people want a piece of the team on their squad.

Perhaps a lot of offers are coming in and some see it as an opportunity to advance their career. Especially if $ is involved.

College football coach has to always be recruiting.

Like Wart says, "Lots of wood to chop".

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds