Forum

From Athens- Very Interesting

2 years 2 months ago #82447 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Very Interesting was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

SD… lazy Saturday morning….  Coffee in hand… somewhat cooler this morning … high 40’s with plenty of sunshine…

It seems the NCAA is going to investigate the current NIL process for recruiting violations… hmmm…

Be interesting to watch how the try to reinsert themselves into a discussion that they seemingly took a pass on at the beginning……  stay tuned…

Spring camp less than a month away….  Young pups grinding away….  Process continues

Pause and give thanks…

Continue to check on family and friends often….

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 2 months ago #82448 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Very Interesting
Morning YD..

Still cold here. Popping up to 60 on Monday/Tuesday so a little hint of spring might be in the air!

Morning all...

I heard this too. Maybe we'll get to see if Jimbo really sold all his recruits on how great of an academic institution A&M is or if maybe, something else was attractive to them?

Lots of hub bub about the Nick Saban speech to the Alabama Football Coach's Association on 1/27 where he supposedly "trashed" his players who didn't perform in the NC game. The AFCA moved in quickly to file copyright strikes and take the video down. I saw it before it got removed. Clearly this wasn't supposed to be recorded, but what he said wasn't wrong. However, I think it was a lack in prudence. This type of stuff needs to stay within the program & inside the locker room - not being slung around in a coach's meeting where everyone has a cell phone.

New coach salaries released this week. Modest increases for all - especially Monken. Really surprised me. I expected to see him bump up into the 3-4M range. Not going from 1.1 to 1.25M.

Hope all are well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 2 months ago #82449 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Very Interesting
As much as we value Monken, no way I'm paying him anywhere near 3-4m. If I was going to lose him if I didn't get north of 1.5.. maybe 1.75, then I would thank him for a job well done and say good bye.

I just don't think the return is there for a team built on ball control and defense to lay that out for the OC. Just because you can pay a price doesn't mean you should.

Color me shocked... shocked I say, if it turns out there are shenanigans embedded in the NIL process! <insert sarcasm>

It was an idea ripe for money laundering booster fed player payments, from it's very conception.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
2 years 2 months ago #82450 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Very Interesting
Spot on Wart…. Follow the money

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 2 months ago #82451 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic From Athens- Very Interesting
Got my new Natty shirt and my hat will be in tomorrow. Feels good. 

More
2 years 2 months ago #82452 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Very Interesting
A lot of wood needs to be chopped before next season...

Looking for a nee O-line coach now.

I'm not sure I've seen this much turnover before in players and in staff.

I hope the loss here isn't going to affect any Oline recruits; an area I was concerned about even before this change.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds