Forum

JT Daniels

2 years 3 months ago #82393 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic JT Daniels
Well…one of the gripes I remember, on this site, for mark richt was he gave the qb starting job to a guy. No competition. No good…

JT seemed like a pretty good guy to me at the end. Just not sure what to think. Hard to say Kirby picked the wrong guy. With the natty.

Really don’t think he should go some place to compete. He needs to go some place he can START. His stock has dropped. Not sure why he stayed a back up at usc after his injury. But Kirby not stoopid…
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #82394 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic JT Daniels
hey scoob...

There's a lot of swirling around this JT thing that I'm sure will come out in time. Probably the most believable theory I heard was that the UGA athletic medical staff didn't clear JT to play after the Clempson injury rehab stint and JT's parents went outside the program to other medical opinions which said he could play, but the UGA med staff said no. In other words, the injury lingered on for longer than expected and didn't pass the UGA med test to clear him to play and that drove a lot of friction between JT, his parents, and UGA. This would align with the story I heard mid-season on the CBS broadcast that JT's parents were promised that he would get meaningful playing time against Tennessee, but that didn't happen.

Who knows. JT handled the whole thing with class and dignity. He will always be a DGD in my book on that alone. So many others with less character would've handled it poorly. Think twitter & instagram primadonnas.

JT's big question mark is his durability. He's been said to have a million dollar arm but also a glass jaw. Fragile QBs in college don't make much noise in the NFL, if they get drafted at all. You are right - he needs to go somewhere right now that he's guaranteed to start. This is his last year of eligibility. UGA under Kirby offers no guarantees for anything. You earn it. If you want guarantees - go elsewhere. That fact alone makes JT's transfer understandable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, scooby

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #82395 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic JT Daniels
I have no “scoop” on this one. And howdy SD!

Really just reading and thinking about stuff I’ve seen over the last few years. I just knew when rod blankenships, or what ever his last name was, dad was feuding with Kirby that would be the end for hot rod. Nope, Kirby brought him back, and he became a star.

Now fast forward to this qb situation. No reason to think kirbys not picking the best guy. Of course he could be lucky. Or stoopid. The lsu guy was lucky. None of them guys are stoopid. You are what your w2, brain wise, says you are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds