Forum

JT Daniels

2 years 3 months ago #82387 by Wartdawg
JT Daniels was created by Wartdawg
Not unexpectedly, JT Daniels is expected to enter the transfer portal.

It's hard to prove a negative, so we will never know if Stetson really did give us the best chance to win, but win we did and we certainly can not complain about that.

I hate it for JT because he came here when we were desperate for a QB, and he showed a dynamic ability not seen since Murray and Stafford.

I sort of wish SBIV would go out on top and JT would finally have it be his team, but Stetson has certainly earned his right to come back if he so chooses.

It doesn't seem to be in the cards however, and I would like to thank JT for his brief time here. I think he had a ton of potential, but things just didn't seem to ever quite work out.

My guess is SBIV is back with the COVID rule giving him that extra year, with Brock as the #2. I fully expect Beck to go elsewhere as well, as I think it's evident he isn't in our future plans.

God Bless and Go Dawgs...

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 3 months ago #82388 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic JT Daniels
The JT Daniels era will go down in UGA history as one of the most bizarre, inexplicable, and disappointing situations we've ever seen at the QB position. I suspect the reality of this situation and what was really going on will never be known by any of us unless JT himself decides to open up about it at his future school. I do not blame him one bit for transferring, and have nothing but the best wishes for his future success in his final season of eligibility so that the can hopefully springboard his most-certain NFL talent into an NFL future.

As far as Stetson's future goes, I have to agree Wart. My suspicion is that in conversation with coaches, he said he will not stick around for another season if he has to endure another "what about JT?" seasons. And frankly, yeah, he's earned the right to issue that kind of ultimatum. So most likely, the tough conversation was had with all three of them and that was the best decision. I won't be surprised to see Stetson announce his return as soon as JT announces his transfer to the program that accepts him.

I could see JT landing at Oklahoma, Florida, or Auburn.

More
2 years 3 months ago #82389 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic JT Daniels
Yes a big thanks to JT’s for his time at Georgia…

Much work to be done before September 3 rd …. It will be extremely interesting how HC replaces players and coaches…

Look forward to our future discussions about the next chapter in the process….

Much more to come…. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #82390 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic JT Daniels
We have a lot... and I mean A LOT, to replace.

This is the next measuring stick on the ELITE yardstick.

Doing it once every 40 years is great, but to be elite we have to be able to reload every single year.

We won.... but the day after it's back to work, and we will find out if we are how truly an ELITE program moving forward.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 3 months ago #82391 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic JT Daniels
Wart .. recruiting and the portal…

And once they get here… coaching them up…

Gone are the days of playing your favorites….

Yes we lose a lot…. Next man up … good that we have a core of

Veterans running it back … and playing another year…

This is a dance every college team is facing… who does it best

Well go a long way to being elite…. This will be repeated each year..

All that being said…. I like that we have 18 recruits on campus taking classes.. winter workouts… taking steps… yes baby ones..

Process continues…. Go Dawgs….

Go Dawgs!

More
2 years 3 months ago #82392 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic JT Daniels
Agreed on all points by all posters. This offseason is going to be the mark of how good Kirby really is at his job. If ya'll watched that video interview I posted with Rece Davis, Kirby said exactly that: it's hard to stay at the top of the mountain.

He knows coaches are going to be poached (losing Cortez Hankton is really going to hurt), he knows he's going to lose players - just like his mentor, he knows that he is the only fixture at Georgia. People come and people go.
Elite stays just the same as it always has and always will be.

In other news, looks like we're going to lose Darnell Washington. Also hearing rumors that the Caleb Williams to USC ain't a done deal. Also hearing Carson Beck expected to transfer. If Williams does land at UGA - it would have to be with the expectation that he's the starter. I'll believe it when I see it. If that does happen, no way does Stetson return for another go round. That would leave Vandagriff and Stockton as backups. If this does pan out, I can't help but wonder if this isn't a re-arranging of the chess pieces as a play on Manning in 2023.

More
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds