Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

2 years 3 months ago #82364 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
SD …. Saturday morning coffee… first big winter storm warning

For NE Georgia… Athens might get a dusting…however, the big

Concern is freezing rain which brings down tree limbs followed by

Power lines…. I have a full tank of propane for fireplace logs..

Total electric house …. A southern thing…. Major Dawg football withdrawals….

Stay safe and well. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #82366 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
YD - Same winter storm warning up here in the Queen City. Its been bitter cold here today. No longer in fall. Football is no longer in the air. The long cold offseason begins.

I too am having college football withdrawals. Gosh its going to be a long offseason.

Wart,

Agree my friend. I couldn't have spent this championship season with a finer group of Georgia fans. Ya'll make the season so enjoyable. We might be a small group, but I'll take quality over quantity any day. It was truly special to get to share this amazing season with each of you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 3 months ago #82369 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I was born in England. Came to Georgia via an Air Force stepdad stationed in England, and a girl I was chasing from HS. Up to that point, I didn't know squat about "American" football.
One game in Sanford Stadium changed all that. This was 1985, so close to our second natty that you could taste the excitement. The years that followed were a mix of profound disappointment and heartbreak.

This site provided me with some sound talk on all things Dawgs. Most importantly, to me, is that its devoid of the politics that seems hell-bent on keeping us divided. (Important because I doubt that I share the politics of most here.)
I don't post much, but I'm lurking, soaking up the discussions and riding the ups and downs. Now we've won the prize. The Grail is ours, for a season. Its going to be interesting to see how things go moving forward. No doubt, this will be the place to find sensible discourse on the matter.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 3 months ago #82370 by yankeedawg1
Limey.

The things you sight about dawgs.com ..truth spoken..

Thanks for sharing your thoughts….

The journey continues….. we haven’t reached our destination..

Process continues .. sorting out our new player roster… coaching changes and the challenges of the portal… Plus NIL….

Yes.. all this will be fuel for future posts …. Before the Ducks visit MBS…..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 3 months ago #82373 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

SouthernDawg wrote: YD - Same winter storm warning up here in the Queen City. Its been bitter cold here today. No longer in fall. Football is no longer in the air. The long cold offseason begins.

I too am having college football withdrawals. Gosh its going to be a long offseason.

Wart,

Agree my friend. I couldn't have spent this championship season with a finer group of Georgia fans. Ya'll make the season so enjoyable. We might be a small group, but I'll take quality over quantity any day. It was truly special to get to share this amazing season with each of you.

Yeah.... great group albeit small these days, and a larger great group from over the many years.

A few miles west of The Classic City, we've seen the snow pretty heavy all day. I would love to see how it looks on the architecture of what is now The Championship City.

Spent the early part of the day on Saturday tuning up the generator, but thankfully haven't had to crank it up yet.

God Bless and Go Dawgs.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 3 months ago #82377 by yankeedawg1
We have had snow showers on and off since 11am…

Less than a half inch.. Duchess our Great Dane puppy..

Went out for her morning outing.. stood on patio watching the flakes

fall … she walked on the snow covered lawn like her feet hurt..

To funny…

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds