Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN

2 years 3 months ago #82258 by growl
GAME DAY: GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN was created by growl
Cant wait to see this one, should be a lot of Hardnose Football. Two Teams that should be ready to go to the next Level and will play like it.

GO DAWGS! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 3 months ago #82259 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN
Chief… totally agree… Dawgs need to get back to playing to their
Standard…..

Truly going to be some heavy pad popping…

Go Dawgs….

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
2 years 3 months ago #82260 by growl
Replied by growl on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN
You know it, I cant wait to see this one Yd1 ,I'm going to keep it simple for dinner, Hot Dawgs with Sauerkraut!

GO DAWGS! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 3 months ago #82261 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN
Hey Chief … pass the stone ground mustard and some cold German wheat beer….yummy

Grandson asked for grandma’s meatball sliders … I bet you can guess what we will be having…

Amazing… first SEC bowl win goes to Gamecocks..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
2 years 3 months ago #82262 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN
Dawgs have some big things to prove against Michigan.

Forget about a possible next game.

If they lose... every Stetson and Kirby naysayer will be proven correct. If the D doesn't show up again, this "historical season" and Kirby's defense will be shown to have been a farce; propped up by playing against a bunch of bad to mediocre teams all year.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #82263 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN
I've watched & listened to all the worthless coach & player speak over the last few weeks and feel no different going into this game than I did after 12/4's debacle.

Michigan is a team that thrives on explosive plays. I had no idea they lead the nation in 50, 60, and 70 yard plays. Michigan had 22 plays from scrimmage for 40 yards or more this season. We are a team that doesn't do well in preventing explosive plays. Our secondary's mediocre play has been masked all season by an insanely dominant front 7 that did all the defensive heavy lifting at the line of scrimmage and beyond.

This game is actually quite similar to the Alabama matchup we had 3 weeks ago. Michigan's offense is patient - waiting for the right mismatch or coverage breakdown to pull the trigger on the big plays. They're not going to go heavy on the run, and for that matter, neither are we. I don't expect this to be a ground game affair. Yeah, we'll probably get our combined 100 yards - maybe a bit more - on the ground for a TD or two, but in general, I fully expect this game to be another defensive design that forces Bennett to win the game.

Offensively, we need a vertical air raid offense to beat Michigan. And to run the air raid, you need a QB that is geared towards running that scheme. We have one of those, but he is........ you know the story. Michigan is going to push our o-line around, they are not a cupcake matchup on the line of scrimmage. And these little screen passes or toss sweeps we ran this season in the hopes that the speed of our backs running east-west will slice the corner around the backers to gain yardage ain't going to work against Michigan. They're too fast on the edges. I'd bet a ton of money that Michigan's game plan is to get SBIV in as many third & longs as they possibly can. If Michigan takes away the short field from us and puts us in lots of 3rd & longs, we lose the game convincingly. If we negate the 3rd and long plan by moving the chains consistently and gaining plenty of vertical yardage, we win the game convincingly. I think it really is that simple.

McNamara is a very capable QB, and Michigan's receivers are no joke. We'll see what our team is made of, how bad the seniors want it, and whether or not our coach can put together a big game plan that is successful.

There is no next week to think about. It's today or never. Everything is in front of us on a silver platter.

Who wants it more?

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds