Forum

From Athens- SECCG Game Day Friday 2021

2 years 4 months ago #82204 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- SECCG Game Day Friday 2021

scooby wrote:

growl wrote: Sorry for the lack of posting Dawgs, but I have some bad news. My 97 year old Father passed away on Thanksgiving night after several weeks of problems brought on by a broken hip, and my 96 year old Mother passed away on Sunday morning from Chronic Stomach issues from Cancer. Fathers funeral was on Tuesday and Mothers funeral was this morning. They were divorced forty years ago is the reason for the separate Funerals and after all these years they died within two days of each other. Today they are in a much better place. Sorry if I bummed you out, but felt I owed my Friends an explanation for my lack of enthusiasm for the last few weeks, they Loved the Dawgs also and will be watching from a far different and Glorious Perch.

Sorry for your loss Growl. Lost my Dad this fall also. He was a 1956 uga graduate.

He went to the 59 or 60 (can’t remember the year) orange bowl. Took me and the family to the 72ish cotton bowl vs Arkansas, and the 77 sugar bowl against Pittsburg with Anthony DORSett. Got whupped in both games, but great memories.

It was the 75 cotton bowl, and 76 Sugar bowl. The sugar bowl was at the brand new superdome. We were on the second to the top row, had to stop and rest on the way up to the seats, lol..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.023 seconds