Forum

From Athens- SECCG Game Day Friday 2021

2 years 4 months ago #82149 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- SECCG Game Day Friday 2021 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

It was an Amazing week in college football… and we still have the weekend to go…

SECCG thoughts shortly …. I Need to vent some ……. The crazy HC selections done by LSU & USC….. mind numbing imho….

Been reported that Kelly had never set foot in Baton Rouge,Louisiana until taking the LSU job…. Hmmm… 12 years in South Bend and just before the CFP which your team has a way to find itself playing in... you decide …nope time to jump into the world of coaching in the SEC…. Oh by the way the pay is not bad either….

Folks in Tuscaloosa are loving this …. In fact the entire SEC West just exhaled…. In relief …. LSwho will continue for several recruiting cycles…. Or longer..

Tiger Nation … will choke on it's gumbo before this farce plays out ….. Brian gave a 11 minute farewell speech to his players…. Or just maybe he was hearing footsteps…. Playing the Tide again in the CFP and having his butt handed to him …again… may have helped him making the move... Totally classless…. 100 million plus …. Hmmm…. Strong motivation ….

Pure and simple Coach Riley wanted no part of the SEC ….. had he stayed in Norman …. The SEC would have hurried is undoing as the Oklahoma HC

Even money says he would have been gone before ever playing a entire SEC season schedule ….. this way hew gets a huge payday….

USC and it’s new HC will have positive results sooner (pardon the pun) than Kelly in Baton Rouge…. Losers the fans at both schools who will foot the expense paid out for these two hires…. Ticket prices .. yup going up .. enjoy your $10.00 Hot Dog ……

Winner …. Kirby Smart … who’s contract will be rewritten soon after the Natty is played…. Add Mel Tucker and James Franklin to the winners column… both have nice pay increases and the length of their contracts extended ….. also serious buyout money….

Now to the… SECGG….. the Tide can’t mail in this game in…. Everyone connected to our football program understands the importance of playing to or standard for all four quarters…. HC has instilled this since spring camp last March….. no magic tricks …. Just play with the same passion that you did in the previous 12 wins….

Goal remains….. 15-0 ….. we control our own destiny ….

Pause and give thanks

Growl …. Grandson asked his grandmother for cheeseburger Mac & Cheese … she uses hot Italian sausage in place of ground beef… kicks it up a tad..

Continue to check on family and friends …. Often ….

Let’s bring the Dawgs home a winner ……

Have a great weekend and a safe week….

As always “Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 4 months ago #82150 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- SECCG Game Day Friday 2021
Sorry for the lack of posting Dawgs, but I have some bad news. My 97 year old Father passed away on Thanksgiving night after several weeks of problems brought on by a broken hip, and my 96 year old Mother passed away on Sunday morning from Chronic Stomach issues from Cancer. Fathers funeral was on Tuesday and Mothers funeral was this morning. They were divorced forty years ago is the reason for the separate Funerals and after all these years they died within two days of each other. Today they are in a much better place. Sorry if I bummed you out, but felt I owed my Friends an explanation for my lack of enthusiasm for the last few weeks, they Loved the Dawgs also and will be watching from a far different and Glorious Perch.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, scooby

More
2 years 4 months ago #82151 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- SECCG Game Day Friday 2021
Growl… no apology necessary…. Thoughts and prayers your way..

and yes they are in a better place…. God Bless. …

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 4 months ago #82152 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- SECCG Game Day Friday 2021
Dear Growl,

Absolutely no apology necessary man, wow. That is absolutely horrible news and I can't express in words on a forum like this how terribly sorry I am for your enormous loss. Most folks never have to deal with losing two parents back to back like that.

In many ways, this/these upcoming game(s) doesn't matter whatsoever in comparison to the seriousness of the pain & loss you are going through. In other ways, this/these game(s) provides a nice diversion from the pain.

Please accept my sincerest condolences for the loss of your dear parents.

I will keep them and you in my prayers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
2 years 4 months ago #82158 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- SECCG Game Day Friday 2021
Sorry about your loss, growl.

May God comfort you and your family.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg, growl

More
2 years 4 months ago #82198 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- SECCG Game Day Friday 2021

growl wrote: Sorry for the lack of posting Dawgs, but I have some bad news. My 97 year old Father passed away on Thanksgiving night after several weeks of problems brought on by a broken hip, and my 96 year old Mother passed away on Sunday morning from Chronic Stomach issues from Cancer. Fathers funeral was on Tuesday and Mothers funeral was this morning. They were divorced forty years ago is the reason for the separate Funerals and after all these years they died within two days of each other. Today they are in a much better place. Sorry if I bummed you out, but felt I owed my Friends an explanation for my lack of enthusiasm for the last few weeks, they Loved the Dawgs also and will be watching from a far different and Glorious Perch.

Sorry for your loss Growl. Lost my Dad this fall also. He was a 1956 uga graduate.

He went to the 59 or 60 (can’t remember the year) orange bowl. Took me and the family to the 72ish cotton bowl vs Arkansas, and the 77 sugar bowl against Pittsburg with Anthony DORSett. Got whupped in both games, but great memories.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds