Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #81832 by kentdaddy

yankeedawg1 wrote: Wart .. agree …. Hobbit had his moment … time to get real

Work on finding a mix on our OL please..

Go Dawg

Yep.

But that defensive front and LBs are as stout as any I have ever seen. A win is a win. Would love to see Beck get some more reps as the games allow. UGA will need him to have more experience.

But win is a win.

EDIT: On an unrelated note that Oklahoma interception is one of the best I have ever seen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #81833 by yankeedawg1
48 hour rule ..waved … not going to over think this game

KD.. correctly stated .. win is a win..

Yes our front seven is as real as it comes in college football..

Getting better each week…back end…. Young … growing pains

Glad we made our field goal.. he needed to get confidence back

Hobbit had an INT as did JT ..

Not going to torch HC for playing Stetson…. Fact is until we get Beck up to speed … reality Hobbit is #2

Maybe Beck will turn the corner with more game experience..
Light needs to come on sooner rather than. Later…

Vandy next week might provide the hill Beck needs to get over to find himself…. Be a good thing

Gators had their opportunities .. Tide. Finds way to win.. something our Dawgs know all too well.. sadly.

Noon kick next week… not a favorite of mind…

Starts with Bloody Mary’s …. Moves on from there..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #81835 by SouthernDawg
Kirby post game presser

Normally, I wouldn't post the opposing coach's presser, but this moment at the 2 minute mark in Coach Beamer's presser deserves a watch. I almost spit my coffee out laughing: For some reason, the forum board isn't holding the time signature in the video, but go to 2 minute exactly and watch the question and his answer.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
2 years 7 months ago #81836 by SouthernDawg
It's good to be Georgia Bulldog on a Sunday morning in the (almost) fall after a win over the chickens.

Lots to be proud of, especially how our receivers stepped up in this game. The run blocking was MUCH improved this week and that's a credit to Coach Luke. A lot of my predictions came true this week: coach Monken came right out of the gates gunslinging to loosen their back field up and marched us down field on a 6 play 75 yard drive to the first TD in under 2 minutes. Then we didn't see an up tempo offense until the last scoring drive before the half. Still scratching my head over this.

JT played an extremely balanced game, looked comfortable and confident. 23/31 for 303 and 3 TDs? Yeah, I'll take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I don't care about the Hobbit's INT. Doesn't shade my view of him at all, nor do I care about Kirby putting him in. If he's earned the right to play, he's earned the right to play. It's important to keep the playing QBs up to game speed and give them some looks. I don't question this at all.

Special teams...Muschamp brought the A game tonight. Perfectly executed punt down to the 1 leading to a safety leading to a scoring drive to close the half. Was very happy to see Kirby not run the clock out to go to the half. No sir, we put our foot on the gas - go get a score. Podlesny gets a reprieve from my ire this week. He did his job from the 36.

The defense? Good Lord Almighty. While they did allow their first TD (how insane is it to sit here discussing the allowance of a touch down 3 games into a season?), they were lights out all night. The pass rush was theirs for the taking all night, every play. Jordan Davis? A damn good dawg for the ages. He will 100% join David Pollack and be inducted into the college football HOF someday. I hope I live to see it. So many players on defense needing accolades: Derion Kendrick's eyes on that interception were the epitome of Kirby Smart's intensity and focus - keep your eye on the play an how it's developing. Channing Tindall, Nolan Smith, the list just keeps going. Relish this defense fellers....it is special beyond special.

No stupid penalties either.

I predicted 45-14. Pretty close at 40-13. I figured the chickens would find a way to score a couple.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 7 months ago #81837 by yankeedawg1
Agree SD…. Kirby explained his thinking on putting Stetson in the

Game .. based on how he practiced and his play against UAB..

I am good with that…

JT …. As you correctly noted played and managed the offense. Very..well

Our defense…. Just nasty .. havoc 101 …

And they are getting better with each game they play..

Player rotation is scary good bodes well for us maintaining this level high level into the future….

Vandy can wait ..

Time to savor the “W”…..

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds