Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS CLEMSON TIGERS

2 years 7 months ago #81770 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS CLEMSON TIGERS
OK...

That was one hell of a defensive show. A win is a win. Without Pickens and Washington the down the field targets are limited when Venables is dropping 8 into coverage.

I hope next week we get Beck and some youngsters some reps. The freshman TE Bowers is a gamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #81771 by growl
I have been waiting for Zeus to get it going and on Saturday night he looked like the real deal and ready to get it going.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 7 months ago #81772 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS CLEMSON TIGERS
I forgot to mention the defense.

JUNKYARD DAWGS!

SD I too haven't seen that in a long time, if ever.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

2 years 7 months ago #81773 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS CLEMSON TIGERS
Good Day All,

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable long holiday weekend… following is my random thoughts from our gutty win over Clemson….

Had anyone made a prediction on how the game would play out back when fall camp opened …. I don’t believe there would be many who would have taken the bet…

The statement made by the media heads that struck me as making the most sense…… the youth and size of Clemson’s OL ….. yes we have a front seven on defense that can cause major problems to any OL …. Now comes the second part coaching …. Lack of any adjustments to find a rhythm for the Tiger offense ….

Buc ….. many years ago you and others spoke of how the Dawgs OL was a low priority on the recruiting wish list …. Kirby understood that the game was won in the trenches …. Coach Sam focused on this on his arrival in Athens…. It was the start of the Dawgs of moving towards the next level in college football…. Road Graders….

Very proud of this Dawg team ……. and our coaching staff……

Shortly into CKS … Head Coaching Career it was noted on this board that he would need seasoning and aging while growing and learning his trade..

Saturday night imho was proof that the process is heading in the right direction….

Home to Sanford …. Yes it’s UAB…. But the schedule will give us two important opportunities …. Healing and game experience for our young players..

Great statement game for … recruiting …..

Dawgs on top…..

As always “Go Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!

More
2 years 7 months ago #81775 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS CLEMSON TIGERS
Perfect week 1 result, but perfect execution still needs work.

uga.rivals.com/news/how-to-fix-the-georgia-offense

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
2 years 7 months ago #81776 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS CLEMSON TIGERS
YD1,

Right you are. So much goes back to the radical culture change when Coach Pittman arrived at UGA. I would honestly say his impact was equal to Kirby's when they both arrived in Athens - just in different ways. Pittman was a trenches guy, a blue collar git r done and that's what he wanted. The players respected it. Recruiting reflected it. His impact on the OL cannot be understated, and it survives even to this day. I know I've been accused in the past about too much Pittman worship, and that's not the case. It's merely a recognition that the product we see in the OL today needs the proper credit given.

I suffered through the CMR years where an OL was a second thought. And to see what we have now is just heart warming.

Agreed on the seasoning of Kirby. The maturation process is really starting to show. That said - he knows what the expectations are. It's time to get it done. I will go out on the limb and make a pretty bold statement:

If the defense we saw against Clempson holds on and performs this way all season and we don't win a natty, it's never going to happen.

There I said it.

We have the tools. One game at a time. Let's use those tools and build the championship season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds