Forum

From Athens- Covid-19 Bye week #2. 13-11-20

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #81422 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Covid-19 Bye week #2. 13-11-20
Well...Saban went big O passing game five years ago.

Kirby knows the leisure suit...and big D...will be back one day. It all goes in cycles. Just give it a few years.

You gotta find the next thingy, not jump on the old thingy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #81428 by growl
Buc, I knew you would know exactly what I was referring to, and I hated more than anything to be saying it,but, we are on the precipice and need to find our mojo and get back on solid ground. The pieces are there just got to put 'em together,unfortunately it might be next season.

GO DAWGS!!!! GATA!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #81429 by Buc
Chief, watched the South Carolina/Ole Miss game Saturday. Watching SC was like watching UGA on most Saturdays. Teams could swap coaches and the game plan would have played out the same way. So true that the fruit does not fall far from the Saban Tree. Not being ugly, just know what I am seeing represents what both coaches believe works. Once upon a time solid kicking/punting game and defense was the formula to win in the SEC. Along came coaches like Kiffin and some in the SEC were and are caught living in the past. Mississippi State hired a new coach, throws the ball more than most, will be interesting to see how the game plays out. Muschamp was fired, guess that also means Bobo will be looking for work.

More
3 years 5 months ago #81430 by Buc
I found the following article very interesting. Also believe that not everyone is cut out to be a head coach. More and more that is proven to be true. Kirby has proven he can recruit on a very high level. Kirby also understands the defensive side of the game, better than most. Believe our quarterback “situation” is just that, a “situation”. Time to turn the offense over to those that make and have made their livings on that side of the ball. Watched our offensive coordinator operate in Tampa, TM is in my opinion the right hire. That however requires a free hand to allow our offense to move forward. The unrest that I see and hear at this point reminds me a lot of the goings on under Richt. Unrest that cost Mark his coaching career. Miami was a brief stop for MR.

WAKE UP KIRBY.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/w...same-conclusion/amp/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

More
3 years 5 months ago #81431 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Covid-19 Bye week #2. 13-11-20
Still rings true.... “ Time waits for no man “

The pendulum has swung as so noted here correctly.... offense is the soup du jour ....

We sat and watched as the college football world morphed ... and we didn’t...

Playing catch-up is never a good route to take as most times it’s the one most crowded...

As our history has proven... putting a fresh coat of paint on the deck chairs and then rearrange them... doesn’t work...

No way to slice it any other way.... coaching is what got us into this also ran state...

Coaching/ recruiting... is also the path to improvement......

64K .... question... is our current HC....capable of making some basic changes to his coaching methods..

I believe we have the talent on campus to put a better more competitive product on the field.....

Making changes will be painful... but .... no more than we’re we are currently.....

Clock is running.... and Bobo needs employment elsewhere....not Athens.....plzzz

Stay tuned... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #81432 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Covid-19 Bye week #2. 13-11-20
Still rings true.... “ Time waits for no man “

The pendulum has swung as so noted here correctly.... offense is the soup du jour ....

We sat and watched as the college football world morphed ... and we didn’t...

Playing catch-up is never a good route to take as most times it’s the one most crowded...

As our history has proven... putting a fresh coat of paint on the deck chairs and then rearrange them... doesn’t work...

No way to slice it any other way.... coaching is what got us into this also ran state...

Coaching/ recruiting... is also the path to improvement......

64K .... question... is our current HC....capable of making some basic changes to his coaching methods..

I believe we have the talent on campus to put a better more competitive product on the field.....

Making changes will be painful... but .... no more than we’re we are currently..... faced with

Clock is running.... and Bobo needs employment elsewhere....not Athens.....plzzz

Stay tuned... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds