Forum

From Athens- Covid-19 Bye week #2. 13-11-20

3 years 4 months ago #81415 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Covid-19 Bye week #2. 13-11-20 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

We are gifted with another bye week to heal and work on getting better...

CKS .... is speaking about Beck’s improvement and that he will continue to get reps with the ones as will Mathis and JT..

Using Spock logic ... starting a new QB it would make sense to do it at home... which we are on the 21st against Miss State.

Who are still having problems.... so ......hmmm, maybe CKS... heard about Buc’s post about how Gators,Tide and the “U” would welcome Carson... in a second....

Interesting times ahead.... stay tuned...

Pause and give thanks..

Continue to check on family and friends..often

Have a saf weekend and week

As always “Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 4 months ago #81416 by Buc
I compare Carson Beck to Mac Jones of Alabama. Very similar in size and in my opinion, both equally talented coming out of high school. My guess at this point is Kirby wanting to redshirt Beck. Tua injured and Saban inserted Jones. Problems with the Red and Black at quarterback, one can only expect more of the same if “UGA History” continues on the same path that too often has been the rule, not the exception. That dates back many years. Beck will transfer if he has to live by the old rules in Athens. Saban while stubborn is not locked into playing the game as it was played in the past. Results matter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
3 years 4 months ago #81417 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Covid-19 Bye week #2. 13-11-20
Sight full comments as usual Buc,

We have seen Kirby do some amazingly good things in a short time...

Maybe getting us so close to a Natty led us to have lofty expectations every year...

As you also correctly noted.. that QB development has been an issue going back even further in our football history..

So while both Nick and Kirby have similar stubbornness genes ... Nick learned to yield to others in areas outside his

Expertise...

Kirby has another week to converse with the man in the mirror....... maybe even a few words from mother to son might prove

Helpful...... stay well ...
Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 4 months ago #81418 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Covid-19 Bye week #2. 13-11-20
This university and it's ability to attract the amount of talent it can attract is why we have lofty expectations.

Plus we are supposed to be past Mark Richt's discipleship program. This staff was hired to, and has stated that it is its goal to win championships.

This class of kids is all Kirby.. no excuses.

I expect off years once every 5 or 6, but there is no excuse for UGA not to be in the national title picture almost every year just like 'bama and Clemson.

If Kirby wants to be excused from such lofty expectations for a single season like this one, then maybe actually winning a NC first is in order. That would buy him some additional good will.

I will also point out what I said earlier in the week.

Year 2 - Could and should have won the NC

Year 3 - Lost out due to a heart-breaking SEC title game loss.

Year 4 - Blown out in the SEC title game.

Year 5 - Hello Peach Bowl

No emotion... just facts without excuses. The more this team has become 100% Kirby's from top to bottom, we've seen progressively worse results. These are his players, his coaches, his culture and his program.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
3 years 4 months ago #81419 by growl
I see some Vertigris starting to form

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
3 years 4 months ago #81420 by Buc
Chief, unfortunately it appears you are right. My time in the service taught me many lessons, lessons sometimes learned the “hard way”. Kirby came up in a system that was right for the time period he spent in Tuscaloosa. That time has passed. Might benefit Kirby watching some Alabama “film”.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds