Forum

Missouri Game week. 2020

3 years 5 months ago #81396 by yankeedawg1
Missouri Game week. 2020 was created by yankeedawg1
Gator train wreck is a painful memory..

Nobody is going to feel sorry for us and our problems..

Beating us would make Missouri’s season.... at home... ugly turf field... noon kickoff ... bad karma..

Kirby .... won’t commit to Stetson being our starting QB even he is good to go from his shoulder injury...

JT .. to get more work with first team.... see what if anything this means on Saturday....

Hate noon kickoffs ..... stay tuned ....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago #81397 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Missouri Game week. 2020
I think you meant "some work" with 1st team.

In his post game presser, Kirby made it sound like this season Stetson was getting the #1 reps, Mathis #2, and JT was maybe running the scout team.

I mean the majority of the goals this year are now shot to hell, so it's about time to get the best QB on the team practicing with the 1st or 2nd team...
solid move, yeah

... and sorry, Kirby has lost the "we don't see practice" benefit of the doubt.... cause if Stetson and Mathis are the best we have then Kirby as asleep at the QB recruiting wheel for a couple of seasons.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago #81398 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Missouri Game week. 2020

Wartdawg wrote: I think you meant "some work" with 1st team.

In his post game presser, Kirby made it sound like this season Stetson was getting the #1 reps, Mathis #2, and JT was maybe running the scout team.

I mean the majority of the goals this year are now shot to hell, so it's about time to get the best QB on the team practicing with the 1st or 2nd team...
solid move, yeah

... and sorry, Kirby has lost the "we don't see practice" benefit of the doubt.... cause if Stetson and Mathis are the best we have then Kirby as asleep at the QB recruiting wheel for a couple of seasons.

Yes.

What he said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

More
3 years 5 months ago #81399 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Missouri Game week. 2020
Some or more work with the first team.. .... nope doesn’t make sense not to give JT...all.... plus as many game snaps possible

Hobbit isn’t not going to have a growth spurt over the winter... he is not the answer now or for the future hello Kirby...

Far reaching assumption we have spring ball .... need to accelerate our development of starting and backup QB’s

Here is the question .... again just what is the plan.... to Improve our QB position.... short and long term.....

Yes Wart.... I am also fearful.... our plan ... is we have no plan... I don’t need HC to discuss or explain what he is going to do.

I don’t want to be a witness to a repeat of the hot mess we watched this past Saturday.... just work on fixing the problem

Not ignoring them since the game in Tuscaloosa....

Go Dawgs ... get up
And go beat up on Missouri....plzzz

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago #81400 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Missouri Game week. 2020
If it was my fanny on the line...I’d go with Mathis and let him run 15 or so times. That guy could be a cam newton with 30 more lbs.

Really in today’s world there is no way a coach plays to give guys experience. You’d better win every dang game you can. It’s survival of the fittest.

More
3 years 5 months ago #81401 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Missouri Game week. 2020
Cam could throw somewhat accurately.

Should have let Mathis get some more experience earlier in the year.

Mathis had a horrible start and Kirby made this big deal about the penalties and how the horrible start wasn't
all on him..... and then sent him to the bench after he handed the keys to "his guy".

I don't imagine Mathis thought that was right at all. If he wanted Stetson to start based on 3/4 of 1 game after seeing them in practice before the season started and saying Mathis was the guy; fine, but continue to develop the guy you picked in the beginning.

If not that, at least not go into a Vince Dooley shell as you try and get ready for Florida and then expect to keep up when it turned into a horse race.

There is no way to spin this other than admitting it was a colossal clucksterfest in how the QB position has been handled.

If I thought Kirby felt that way I wouldn't keep digging on him about it, but it seems he would do it all over again the exact same way and expect it to work the second time.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds