Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOG VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS

3 years 5 months ago #81341 by growl
I'm clueless as to the reasoning, but I'm sure one day we'll find out!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago #81342 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOG VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS
I'm starting to see some of Kirby's luster wear off for me.

This game reeked of him trying to prove a point.

That was almost some Mark Richt Faton Bauta stiff right there today.

Georgia Fans, alum, national media all say Georgia has to seriously consider what it's doing at QB, so Kirby doubles down on Bennett and on top of it runs an archaic game plan on top of it.

Don't worry Kirby... EVERYBODY KNOWS you are the big guy and you call the shots.

I'm not quite there yet, but I'm beginning to question if we will ever be what we could be with what appears to be a big old stubborn streak from our HC.

Go see how that crap we saw today is going to work out against Florida....

.. and too much more of it and I bet Monken doesn't stay here very long. He didn't come here to coach that way.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, growl

More
3 years 5 months ago #81343 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOG VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS
If there was ever a game we won ... that left me with a big blah feeling about it ....this Kentucky game is it..

All the good things done on our first TD drive.... faded ..we became totally listless on offense....

This weeks effort or lack there of will not get the job done..... in Jacksonville next week .... fact...

Gents..... we are on a slippery slope.... stay tuned.... more later...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
3 years 5 months ago #81344 by Wartdawg
Two weeks of preparation for that garbage.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
3 years 5 months ago #81345 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOG VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Hello all long time. Hope all are well. Busy Modding at DawgNation and a hurricane down here on the Ms. Gulf Coast taking up time.

Watched Monken coached teams when he was in Hattiesburg up close and personal. Bennett is not the QB that fits his offense. I am a firm believer that Bennett is Kirbys choice and Monken is doing what the boss sez. On Kirby, Monken took over a true dumpster fire at S Miss took him a season and a half to right the ship, his offense was fun to watch not an air raid like people say more RPO 60/40 run pass maybe. You got a glimpse of his offense against Bama, but not all of it because the current starting QB does not fit it. We need Monken and his offense to go from pretender to contender, play his choice at QB, take a hit or 2 and he will get us where we need to be in 1 year. He will move on sooner rather later sorry to say. I say put in Mathis or Beck and run Monkens proven offense. Bennett is not an SEC caliber QB.

Nice to see everyone I still check in here often.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller

More
3 years 5 months ago #81346 by Wartdawg
I've started to take a step back from my initial reaction to this game, but I am still extremely disappointed and shocked by what I saw. Not just the play, but the plan.

After the loss to Alabama Kirby went all in on we are going to win with "Georgia style Football", but I had hoped that was lip service and we would really use those 2 weeks and this game to work on our passing game. After all of the criticism from... ya know... EVERYONE, I thought we might finally see JT in this game or at least see another attempt to further develop the passing game with Bennett.

I am okay with the answer not being Mathis... we saw already that he was not ready. I can understand Beck not being ready as well, but if we find out that Daniels was/is ready and this was just Kirby being pig-headed with a he'll show everyone chip on his shoulder, then we have a problem.

Even when the Becks and the Vandagriffs of the world are ready, there will always be "something" if our HC is that stubborn.

The best leaders are flexible and address valid critique. The best leaders recognize when times change and they change with it.

Gotta be honest... Haven't seen it from him yet. I also wasn't thrilled to see his post game comments when he was called out on todays performance and denied that there even were any offensive struggles. I gave him passes oh.... the first 4 or 5 times he's demonstrated this behavior, but I've been consistent on saying how long I would be lenient in my judgement: Last season I really started looking at things with a critical eye.

Last year we had no receivers.. This year we had to depend on transfers to LEAD THE TEAM. I guess no one will pass true judgement and chalk this season up to COVID, but you can find and excuse for everything. The question is how long do you want to listen to excuses. Personally.. I don't care what the excuse is any longer.

Now don't get me wrong... I know my opinion doesn't mean anything to Kirby, UGA, or anyone. I'm just a guy giving his opinion to some other guys, but there my opinion is.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds