Forum

From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 24-04-20

3 years 10 months ago #81076 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 24-04-20

SouthernDawg wrote: I was shocked when Fromm declared. Last season's body of work was not the performance you want to use as a sales pitch to NFL scouts. I don't know who was advising him to leave or if he just didn't want to go through another OC and a new playbook to learn all over again. Sometimes rebuilding just isn't worth it, but I still say he did himself no favors.

I wish Jake the best but he has his work cut out for him if he's going to make it in the big show.

Heck, whatever folks say gen z’ers do read and care about stuff on the net. I really liked Jake and couldn’t believe how many dawg “fans” criticized him. What the heck did he do wrong. Just came to play. Ran the plays the guys on the sideline called. Got 25k tuition for free, lol. I think he just got tired of hearing the shet and I can’t say I blame him. If he is going to make it or not would not change on one more season. He prolly will not make it...but that means less blows to the noggin so not all bad in the big scheme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #81079 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 24-04-20

scooby wrote:

SouthernDawg wrote: I was shocked when Fromm declared. Last season's body of work was not the performance you want to use as a sales pitch to NFL scouts. I don't know who was advising him to leave or if he just didn't want to go through another OC and a new playbook to learn all over again. Sometimes rebuilding just isn't worth it, but I still say he did himself no favors.

I wish Jake the best but he has his work cut out for him if he's going to make it in the big show.

Heck, whatever folks say gen z’ers do read and care about stuff on the net. I really liked Jake and couldn’t believe how many dawg “fans” criticized him. What the heck did he do wrong. Just came to play. Ran the plays the guys on the sideline called. Got 25k tuition for free, lol. I think he just got tired of hearing the shet and I can’t say I blame him. If he is going to make it or not would not change on one more season. He prolly will not make it...but that means less blows to the noggin so not all bad in the big scheme.

scooby,

I'm not saying Jake did anything wrong. Jake's a grown arse man and can do whatever he sees fit for his future. All I'm saying is that objectively, last season's body of work isn't the sterling sales pitch a QB wants to have going into the draft to go high in the rounds. Whether it was "his fault" or not is immaterial. I'm not using last season's work to determine the potential success or failure of his NFL career, I'm looking at the entire package. I love Jake. He was a stud of a college QB who had a mediocre junior season for a multitude of reasons - many of them outside of his control. I also realize that Tom Brady went in the 6th round, so much like star ratings in recruiting, pro scouts get it wrong too. I wish Jake nothing but the best, and he's carved out hallowed territory in UGA history. None of us will ever forget watching young Jake come into South Bend and beating the Irish. Stuff of legends.

Oh, and I'm not a gen Z'er. Go back a couple of letters and find X. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, scooby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds