Forum

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #81022 by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Sorry above should be... 07-02-20 .... fat fingers....

Greetings from the frozen North..... I am here at the Navy Lodge ... Great Lakes Navy Training Center..Big day in our family

Grandson Alex graduates in the morning from Navy boot camp........ after 16 years in Athens... I am not fond of ice and

Snow that greeted us..... Lake Michigan is having a bad attitude...heavy on shore winds...makes wind chills ugly...

Back to Georgia on Sunday.... yea...!!......

Buc... you brought to mind the heavy lifting that Coach Luke did keeping our OL recruits on board after Coach Sam

Departed.... kudos on Coach Luke... OL has added some quality depth.... I think this group will play early...and play..well.

As I posted shortly after the SECCG.... this off season is going to be really interesting.... proven to be spot on..

Dawgs hard at it.. S & C. Staff doing their thing.... much to ponder ...

Pause and give thanks...

Have a great weekend and a safe week..

As always “Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #81023 by Buc
yankeedawg1, remember my Boot Camp days well, like yesterday it happened. 1950's in San Diego, California . . . . not a lot of ice and snow :)

Thought I would pass this along . . . .

Mullen in a very talent rich state seems to have slipped in some of the gator fans minds . . . . at least this recruiting cycle. gator fans have been loud about taking over the East side of the SEC from Georgia, several media folks also agree with that thought. gators finished eighth(8th) in nationally ranked recruiting. Finished sixth(6th) in the SEC. Mullen made a coaching hire because tight ends coach Scott leaving to head the program at Howard University. Scott is a solid coach, hope he does well as their head coach. Point being Mullen hired Tim Brewster from North Caroina . . . . reason?? Check the bold/italic in the paragraph below. Makes me appreciate Coach Smart even more for his efforts on the recruiting trail . . . . and of course his many assistants that do not allow grass to grow beneath their feet. Hard work continues even after the foundation was laid upon Smart's arrival.

Tim Brewster, the assistant head coach and tight ends coach at North Carolina, is joining Mullen’s staff, according to multiple reports Thursday. He replaces tight ends coach Larry Scott, who left last weekend to become the head coach at Howard University.

Brewster, the former head coach at Minnesota, was on Mullen’s coaching staff (wide receivers) at Mississippi State in 2012-13. He’s a highly respected coach who has a reputation for being an elite recruiter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 1 month ago #81024 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From: Waukegan,Illinois Friday Thoughts 07-03-20
Buc, Mullet might take a bit longer to learn..but.. I bet he hears

What the Bull gators.. are. Grumbling about..

Sidebar... really enjoying reconnecting with some real Italian food..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 1 month ago #81025 by growl
YD1 enjoy your Grandsons big day, Welcome to a new Shipmate.

GO DAWGS! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 1 month ago #81026 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From: Waukegan,Illinois Friday Thoughts 07-03-20
Thanks Chief...will pass the Welcome on....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 1 month ago #81027 by growl
I hope for "Fair winds and following seas"

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1