Forum

From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 03-01-20

4 years 3 months ago #80773 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 03-01-20
That's the thing... he can have all the talent in the world, but we have to utilize it to its full potential.

The players that took the field in the Sugar Bowl wanted to play. I'll take desire all day long.

I think we got 3 out of the top 300 overall at the WR position. That's outstanding for the future.

Passing game worked Wednesday night and our O-line with 3 backups playing looked as good or better than our starting 5 did when our passing game wasn't working.

We are all positive about next season, but we are not going to win the East in perpetuity, so I really hate these missed opportunities we had.
Hopefully though we can get back to the SEC title game yet again.

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80774 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 03-01-20
Wartdawg, little doubt that the rest of the folks in the East are sitting on their haunches. A lot of noise coming from the gators, that however has been going on forever. State of Florida is loaded with talent, the gators however do not sit on the highest perch within the entire state. Florida is broken up into "areas" and folks in Miami or South Florida would rather see Georgia beat the gators than the other way around. The gators have been solid in the middle of the state for a long while. Their territory however has been diluted somewhat, along came UCF and they are very serious about recruiting. Built their own stadium on campus, that is definitely serious. mullen will be forced to look out into the distance to recruit on a scale that will bring the gators back to the days of the old ball coach. Purposely don't mention urban meyer, does not rate with those that call themselves gators. urban seems to be "feeling much better" these days, guess all of his problems were mysteriously cured.

Florida State Seminoles have been handled poorly, many or most of their problems can be linked to Jimbo Fisher. Too many problems under Jimbo to mention here. West side of Florida has always been a fertile recruiting ground for the Seminoles and . . . . South Georgia.

We picked up two (2) serious wide or slot receivers from Florida. Both will improve our passing game regardless of who is tossing the ball.

Got off the tracks there for a bit, just the way I am.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
4 years 3 months ago #80775 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 03-01-20
It has become clearer overtime that the HC’s process has the

Ability to adapt to the need and challenges both what is current and

Future.... replacing players and coaches....

Imho.... Coach Coley and Coach Luke will refine our offense to

Make the TE available to catch passes which changes the coverage

For our WR’s. Yes we will still run the ball ..but.... TE use will be

more than another OL blocker....

Buc.... totally agree about just how huge it is to have quality depth

on the OL..... more graders coming to Athens in this recruiting class. A very good thing...

I will step out and predict that Fromm returns....

He wants to enjoy the college experience one more year...

Loves to be a teacher/coach.....understands the need to

Have a transition at QB..... I believe Jake & HC have been talking

more Than has been reported.... and ... he knows he will be

Successful in life....with or without the NFL.....

Me also thinks more pleasant surprises to come on recruiting ...

As I have shared...much to ponder in the coming months...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80776 by Buc
Good read yd1.

You are so right when you say that Jake Fromm will be successful in life, with or without the NFL.

Jake Fromm's case reminds me a lot of Aaron Murray and his time at Georgia and the NFL. Both quarterbacks did way more than average during their college stay. NFL, is always looking for the next man up whether through injury or "talent". Jake and Aaron both had the majority of the FAN base enjoying their efforts while in Athens. Murray had a few short years with the Kansas City Chiefs and one or two of the other less potent leagues. Murray ended up in broadcasting, a job that does not require a bazooka for an arm.

One reason that I want to see Jake Fromm return is . . . . would love to see Jake loaded with talent at "every position", not being forced to return to the same plays in any given situation. I am one that believes quarterbacks with "brains" often do a better job than those that stand 6'5" or better with arms that toss the football like a missile. Know many others that I chat with do also.

Took the time to look at our 2020 Football Schedule, 7 home games, 4 away, JAX as usual. Georgia/Alabama will be on CBS for sure, ratings will sky rocket. Many want to see us beat Alabama, get the monkey off of our backs so to speak. We have a very talented group, same can be said for Bama. We play that game in Tuscaloosa, might be we enter the playing field with the ability to showcase a very good air game. Coach James Coley will have every position on the offensive side of the ball filled with way above average players, that is if Jake Fromm returns.

I am one that also believes our new offensive line coach will mesh with our offensive coordinator and change some things while retaining much of the good "stuff" we have had for years. Yep, run that football. James/Luke, almost like "scripture talk". Script that play book, put smiles on FAN's faces.

See where Georgia is now ranked #3 in the recruiting world. Looking at the talent that has been signed and the talent that "might sign" . . . . continues to keep the word DEPTH in the forefront.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80777 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 03-01-20
Somewhat puzzled why there hasn’t been more comparison

Between Murray & Fromm .... beyond the stats....

Both extremely football knowledgeable.... as you said Buc..

A thinking QB..... Game Three in Tuscaloosa...

Fond memories of the original Dreamland BQ , Northport Cafe..

And the Black Warrior River.... blessed to meet some fine people. From Tuscaloosa.

Those old enough to know....The Northport Cafe had a peddler

table..Learned much about life and selling sitting at that table enjoying

a fine Meat and 3 vegetables meal...plus gallons of sweet tea....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80778 by Buc
Have always been a supporter of . . . . Blue Plate Special(s) . . . . ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds