Forum

FANS, PLAYERS and COACHES ATTITUDES . . . .

4 years 5 months ago #80283 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic FANS, PLAYERS and COACHES ATTITUDES . . . .
So what if fans "boo"?

It pisses me off when we get this idea thrown at us that discord means disloyalty. I have another idea, namely that "fans" have a greater emotional investment in Georgia than the players because the fans' investment is life long.

Coaches are slaves to their paychecks. They'll do whatever is necessary to keep the gravy train rolling. Superstar players have a financial interest in looking good because NFL paychecks are the stuff of dreams.

Fans? Our investment is emotional, but uncluttered by dollar Bill's. We will die fans of UGA, win or lose, regardless of whether we win that elusive Natty or not. In this, we are more connected to our beloved university than ANY player or coach. So when you hear boos raining down, you can be damned sure that you've got the attention of the Bulldog nation. We know crapoy coaching because we live it. We know underperforming play because we live it.

Coaches move on. Players move on. But Dawg fans remain forever. Dont ever call out fans for voicing their displeasure, because the issue is in the locker room, not the stands. Fans will be here long after you've sucked your millions from the gravy train, or your free ride from the university. We deserve our victories and we've earned our right to have our say through loyalty that sometimes escapes your understanding.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80285 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic FANS, PLAYERS and COACHES ATTITUDES . . . .
LimeyDawg...exactly...

Party is over when the stadium seats are empty and nobody is

Watching them on tv.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
4 years 5 months ago #80288 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic FANS, PLAYERS and COACHES ATTITUDES . . . .
Very true words, Limey..

Personally, I don't boo because the boo is heard by all and only meant for a few, but the comments about our fandom being a lifelong commitment whereas players and coaches move on is dead on.

They move on and their loyalties change... ours NEVER do.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80289 by Buc
LimeyDawg, have never heard the post you made better said. Many times over the years have saved posts that really tell the truth or the entire story. This one I definitely save.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 5 months ago #80290 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic FANS, PLAYERS and COACHES ATTITUDES . . . .
Fans have feelings too. As limey said we are here to stay.
This is the Georgia Bulldogs and we are longtime fans. It is our investment.
Personally I have never booed a player. That does not mean the line won't be crossed, I just have not done it.
I have been confused and frustrated on some play calling. Words that can't be used here but the dogs and cats look at me funny.

The last game was a perfect storm literally and figuratively.
Me thinks the cat is out of the bag about play calling.
It is not time for heads to roll but It needs fixing.

Sad the click bait crowd is exploiting instead of discussing but that is how they keep their jobs and why this board exists. Meaningful discussion, rational thought, longtime serious fans putting in their 2 cents worth.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds