Forum

FANS, PLAYERS and COACHES ATTITUDES . . . .

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80254 by Buc
Swift expressed his thoughts on "some" of the FANS that attended the game against Kentucky. While understanding what he said was understandable to a point, leaves some room to think in several different directions. If Swift thinks that those booing during the game were not FANS, believe the FANS proved to be more than just average FANS. Folks sat in a "monsoon" . . . . not in the warmth of their homes and bars. FANS that cared enough about our team to sit through a game that many chose not to do.

I do not believe that the FANS were first off booing at the players. It was the coaches that those boos were intended to reach. Read and hear a lot about our team, do not hear any remarks made at or toward the players. The FANS have been through this "playbook" for a very long time, comes a point when all else fails, get the attention of the head coach and assistants through any means possible. This particular night it was being vocal in Sanford Stadium.

Will take this opportunity to remind D'Andre that a few days prior to the Kentucky game he was vocal about doing "something different". Referring to opening up the offense. Understandable in this particular game there was no room for "opening the playbook". Say again, the FANS were not being negative toward the players, it was a message being sent to those coaches that think we can win National Championships running the playbook of Alabama Crimson Tide in 2010 and before.

Big test coming in JAX. Not too long ago Georgia winning the game was an afterthought, seems that has changed the way many folks think. My question is simply this . . . . What has changed the "thinking" about DAWGS/gators football in the 2019 Season? Is mullen that good? Are their lesser rated recruited (Stars) being coached at a higher level than Smart is producing? That is not a "knock" it is simply looking at the two teams from the beginning of 2019 until now.

D'Andre Swift, never doubt for a minute that the FANS are with you. We want the same thing that you want . . . . being the best we can be. With the talent base we have on campus right now, losing to teams like South Carolina confuses us. Play calling against Alabama a couple of times, confuses me. Same can be said for a game played against LSU, not to mention Georgia Tech a few years back. And . . . . Texas in the bowl game. Some decisions that have been made bother my football logic. One more thing . . . . Kirby Smart in his post game presser said the the boos did not bother him, said he was wearing head phones. His head phone only covers "one ear". Guess he is deaf in the other. Pays to listen to the outside chatter sometimes, not always, sometimes.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em up!

Swift's remark at the 3:00 mark.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, SimpleDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 5 months ago #80255 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic FANS, PLAYERS and COACHES ATTITUDES . . . .
Excellent read Buc..... again repeating myself....

Frustration....is a powerful force....

Monday’s ...ponder..... after years mired in underachieving..

In just two years to be playing for a Natty.... then again coming

So close to. Making the CFP in year three.... natural to think

Year four the magic is ours ...

We have been wildly successful recruiting and have position depth

Like we never believed possible...

So close to the elite teams .... yet once again we find ourselves..

Not playing to the talent level we are blessed with...

Imho.....Chaney and Coley ...same playbook..... also have worked

For the same HC.... OC not going to stray far from HC’s. Wishes

Yup November is going to be extremely interesting......

Sidebar.... loss to Assburn....badly..... redo...SEC Championship..

Way different results....... be a good place to start planning for JAX.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80256 by Buc
The link posted below was a day or so after posting here on the actions during the Kentucky game. Did notice that Greg Poole is the author of the article. Have known Greg from a distance for many years, often read what he has to say concerning Georgia Football. Greg at one time was a member of Dawgs.com, do not know if he remains a member.

While Greg makes some good points, I personally do not buy into booing at some point puts our team at a disadvantage when recruiting. Back that up with this . . . . Has often been said on this board that "talent" has never been a problem in recruiting because FANS show their displeasure at a game. I go back a very long way and I can speak to that point . . . . have heard many FANS show their displeasure since the late 1950's and 1960's. At one point recently FANS began to not occupy their seats in Sanford Stadium because of their feelings on coaching.

Don't need to "dress things up" for show in my opinion. One thing for sure, our Athletic Director got the message that was being sent and that resulted in the hiring of Kirby Smart. Guess that fan reaction agrees with some folks.

All of us have opinions, just felt it necessary to voice mine. That has been and remains a strong feature of Dawgs.com., allowing both sides of "issues" to be heard. That I suppose is the American Football way.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!

bulldawgillustrated.com/sports/uga-footb...booing-the-bulldogs/
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 5 months ago #80257 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic FANS, PLAYERS and COACHES ATTITUDES . . . .
Thanks for sharing Buc..... bye week time to catch up on

Yard chores...... coffee and 46 this morning..... rain for the

Weekend..... fall is parked in the Classic City....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
4 years 5 months ago #80258 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic FANS, PLAYERS and COACHES ATTITUDES . . . .
I've never been a booing sort of guy, but I am not going to say I am better than anyone else who may use that to express their frustration. I just prefer to be very blunt when discussing the game here or in other venues with friends and alumni.

As a fan, I can offer an opinion that I think all of us are truly "with" the team through thick and thin and if we weren't then with all the "thin" we've had we wouldn't still be here.

I would note one thing though... we are expected to be here for the team if we are fans, but we fans have the expectation that the players... all of them.. will always give 100%, win or lose, for the TEAM and only as a by-product; the fans.

I want to look back to a certain game against Texas
and ask if that is always true....

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
4 years 5 months ago #80259 by Buc
Brings back memories of Mark Richt's arrival in Athens. Not a happier person on this board or any other board than myself. Took a few years for the pimples starting to show. Overlooked them, thinking that what we had been through as a team prior to Richt, I could certainly put up with this. Being a "team player" tried my best to stay away from too much "I told you so chatter". Thing is . . . . the chatter was right and if I was going to truly be a "team player", had to stand on the other side of the fence. Sometimes we, maybe I should say "I" need to take a much closer look at what we/I "want" to see from years of support as a FAN.

It has often been said here and on other sites that most FANS don't want to go through another 15 or so years of what Dawg FANS went through under Mark Richt. Must be said that some of the years under Richt were good enough to be misleading about what the future would hold for the FANS.

All of that is now water under the bridge. Leadership has changed, this group of leaders are now going through some of the same things that the prior group in Athens went through. Not asking for anyone's head at this point, also not ruling out some changes might be needed in the future. An example . . . . McGarity sat on his duff, FANS finally got his attention and changes were made. All of us have a different way or ways of approaching matters that concern us.

My opinion . . . .Georgia FANS/have had every right to speak their mind(s) at the Kentucky game. FANS did just that, not a lot of difference in booing or writing that daily/weekly column in the media circles for those that get $$$ for their objections. I capitalize FANS every time I post. FANS are the ones that put the $$$ in the coffers, make the cash registers ring.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds