Forum

Irish pre-game hype - The season is about to get real

4 years 7 months ago #80087 by Wartdawg
I came from the Vince Dooley school where I take every opponent seriously, and take nothing for granted. I am still that way even with our new standards, and this week is no different.

That being said....

Notre Dame shouldn't be able to generate much of a rushing game against us, and if they can't we should control anything else they can offer. I still think we have some work to do defensively, but I don't think they have the horse to really exploit any weak point we may have.

When we have the ball, we should be able to pound on them until we start to break some big plays. I really can't see us struggling unless we turn the ball over. It may not be consistently pretty, but I think we have enough big plays and wear them down. I would be really surprised to see them push around our O-line, so for me I think all we need to see is downfield blocking by our TE and receivers.

Regardless of winning big or winning ugly.. we win. Take a moment to reflect on how big this game really is... to see the Golden Domers on Dooley field in Sanford stadium. The cheapest tickets to be found are around $400, so this really is a special event.

Go Dawgs.... GATA

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SimpleDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #80094 by SouthernDawg
My opinion is very much in line with yours Wart. (Imagine that)

I just don't think Notre Dame has the gas in the tank to go 4 quarters with Georgia's depth. I predict the first half will be a fairly close affair (could see the half score being 21-10, UGA) but the 3rd is where it becomes no contest. ND has explosion off the line at defensive end and I think they will get some pressure on Fromm, but they're just not equipped to deal with the ground game from 4 sets of fresh legs that could all start on any other team nor are they able to withstand the size of the lines wearing them down for four quarters. #BreakTheirWill

The size of Georgia's lines are just something they're not used to pushing on, and barring injuries, stupid undisciplined penalties, and/or turnovers, I just don't see this being close. UGA at -13 1/2 is juicy. Maybe the oddsmakers see something I don't, but I really think we're going to see Georgia dominate this game on the ground. ,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 7 months ago #80095 by yankeedawg1
Excellent points SD. &. Wart...

Really seems both strange and wonderful that we get to be excited

About our quality depth... dreams can come true..

Process continues Saturday night between the hedges....

Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!

More
4 years 7 months ago #80097 by growl
I'm sure that they have revenge in mind, don't think its going to happen

GO DAWGS!!! GATA!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 7 months ago #80101 by Wartdawg
They haven't faired to well in their very occasional matchups with us, and I don't think they believe the better team has won those games....

Yes.. They have revenge on their minds.

We have 5 monsters on the O-line and overwhelming speed on our mind...

Good luck with that, Irish

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #80102 by growl
It looks like our pass rush is just getting cranked up also!

GO DAWGS!!! GATA!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds