Forum

Reason(s) for mullen and fisher lip service . . . .

5 years 6 days ago - 5 years 6 days ago #79886 by Buc
Little doubt in my mind that much has changed in college football. State of Georgia is a good place to start when looking at high school football and reasons why the State of Georgia is recruited so hard by most top tier programs in the country.

First and foremost I believe the caliber of high school coaches has improved not only in Georgia, several states that surround the Peach State are taking football serious at this juncture.

Take a young man like Nolan Smith as an example. Leaves the area he grew up in and enters what has turned out to be a high school that could line up against some college teams. “Believe that”.

Below are some videos that produce a lot of information about players and states that produce highly rated high school performers.

One last thing . . . . High school football coaches are making serious gains at the payroll window. Coaches this day and time are not like my high school coach that during the summer months carried mail in a leather bag strapped over his shoulder. My high school coach was also a Georgia football player and algebra teacher. Just reflecting, at my age have seen the game of football reach heights that I could never dream would reach.

State of Georgia with the most 5***** athletes, not surprising, lots of information below.

www.maxpreps.com/athlete/nolan-smith/8pz...b0-b094-723a0bfc1881
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 6 days ago #79887 by DawgDoc
Buc I have the greatest respect for you & Coach Russell. Loved his pink town car. I liked Vince because it was 4 yrds & a cloud of dust back then. Times have changed, haven't they?
Best regards always, Dawg Doc

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 days ago #79888 by Buc
We, you and I have been around for a long time DawgDoc. When I first came to Dawgs.com you were one of the first to welcome me. Have always remembered that and want you to know that you are appreciated . . . . by me for sure!! ;)

Have never felt like I do now about our football team. Meaning, I do know that our "PROCESS" has changed. Very evident that we are now mentioned nationally, was not always like that. Smart and Company will have their run and I hope it is a successful one.

I was a little more than "ticked off" when Erk was not retained. There are many stories about why and how that happened. At that time I was carrying press credentials and did get to hear much more than some.

Takes me to this . . . . Sam Pittman comes as close as any coach I have ever been around or cared to follow that reminds me of Erk. Those two coaches, Sam and Erk care about those that they "teach" and both do/did that, "teach". Suppose I should let it go, just hard when reflecting on what really happened "back in the day".

What Coach Sam Pittman has done in his short stay in Athens is nothing short of incredible. Speaks well about Kirby Smart, he made a great hire, and Kirby understands how much that offensive line means to play solid SEC Football.

Thanks again for the kind words, BACK AT YOU!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 5 days ago #79890 by Buc
gafidelis
April 26, 2019 at 11:09 AM

I’m starting to feel like a Cubs fan. I just want to see one in my lifetime. (I was 18 months old in ’80)

Lifted the above from another site.

Lot of folks that I know and communicate with hold the same feelings. Too many talented players have come and gone from Georgia's campus over too many years . . . . many of us older folks have mentioned this for a lot of years. If I could put my finger on one reason why it would be the lack of solid coaching. There's always been a lot of talent in Georgia alone to be like me and many others . . . . on the outside wanting to accomplish more. Still say that we are at least one firing/releasing of upper echelon personnel to finally reach greater heights.

Maybe Smart and Company will be the answer. Sure glad that McGarity made up his mind to hire Kirby Smart on his return from a Georgia/Georgia Tech football game. Could not be that Kirby Smart had one foot in the Gamecocks door causing this hiring to take place . . . . right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #79903 by Buc
www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-footba...tal-gators-football/

Was mentioned not too long after mullen was named gator head football coach it should be remembered that mullen worked hand in hand with urban liar meyer. mullen was the top assistant to urban liar meyer prior to leaving for Mississippi State. Little doubt that mullen knew the gator program was about to be exposed for the way urban had allowed "shady types" to run the program. Soon after urban had medical problems and had to retire from coaching. Of course that problem soon cleared up and urban was safely in tow as the head coach at Ohio State. mullen and urban both fled before too many "more" charges could be registered against the gators. NCAA was looking closely at that point and soon after that the Athletic Director decided to retire. Most of us are aware of the recent problems that urban had as OSU head coach. No longer the head coach at OSU, rumored to be named the next head coach at USC. Little doubt when mullen was named head coach of the gators that there would be "issues" soon to follow. Not only did mullen lose one of his coaches to Georgia, appears now he is about to lose his highest rated recruit for 2019.

This will not be the last of mullen's difficulties in Gainesville, Florida. Bet that. Habits formed early tend to remain in many cases. Keep chirping mullen, you are definitely parroting urban "liar" meyer.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-footba...caa-transfer-portal/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 11 months ago #79904 by Buc
And this . . . .

While talking to reporters, Mullen appears to take a shot at Georgia, more specifically how everything unfolded regarding quarterback Justin Fields, who one of the most high profile players to enter the new college football transfer portal following the 2018 regular season.

“I’d think we did a poor job recruiting if guys were coming in and then immediately walking out the door because it was something different than what they thought it would be and we lied to them during recruiting, or we sold them on a dream that wasn’t true,” Mullen said, according to Thomas Goldkamp of Swamp247.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds