Forum

Reason(s) for mullen and fisher lip service . . . .

5 years 2 days ago - 5 years 2 days ago #79880 by Buc
Recently there has been a lot of lip service about Georgia from dan mullen, head coach for the gators. Media has not quite hit the right reason(s) for much of mullen's spewing. Below is a video that brings the reason(s) for mullen's unhappiness.

While I am at it . . . . jimbo fisher, head coach at TAM, has also been verbal about Kirby Smart and Georgia Football.

What has happened is this . . . . Both of the aforementioned coaches have lived fruitful lives coaching football in the Sunshine State. Both could count on keeping all or most of the talent in Florida. Kirby Smart came along and put an end to that. How ?. . . . Dared to elevate our program and not give a rat's backside to both of the coaches.

Another hire that Coach Smart made was our offensive coordinator, Coach Coley. Really pissed jimbo off when he was unable to lure Coley to Texas A&M for an amount that was impressive. Coley refused, jimbo started "barking".

News flash to both fisher and mullen . . . . "Just the beginning".

Not only does Smart thrive on recruiting and coaching, those he hires reflect his thoughts and ways. No "Desk Jockeys" need apply . . . . traveled that route prior to Smart and Company.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!

:)

www.fieldstforum.com/2019/04/24/uga-foot...oach-warren-micd-up/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 days ago #79881 by Buc
dawgs_fans_dad, living in the Sunshine State for a long time have witnessed a lot of "coach speak", speak for FANS consumption. gator backers are beside themselves with a serious dislike of all things Red and Black. Once again they are pinning their hopes on a new arrival (mullen). mullen has taken the bait, following those before him that felt they had to somehow get the FANS attention again. gator football has suffered under the recent collapse of their team when playing Georgia. No reason for the gators not to improve, Florida is talent rich. Smart and Company are well situated in the Sunshine State and more and more every state in the country. Has often been said before . . . . good or great coaches have no state boundaries.

Looking forward to JAX and really looking forward to jimbo fisher in Sanford Stadium.

This might or probably will not set well with some or many . . . . I do not think that we need a name change on our stadium. Dooley was/is a good man, Mark Richt was/is a good man, both in my opinion were not upper level college football coaches.

Just saying . . . .

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 days ago #79882 by DawgDoc
Hey Buc, who was the last dawgs coach to win a NC??????

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
5 years 2 days ago #79883 by Buc
That was a great day DawgDoc. Too many years before and after VD's stay in Athens. Was disappointed we did not back that Natty up with another one the following year. Hoping Smart and Company can get us there sooner. Have missed on a couple of "close calls" since this group of coaches arrived. Will always believe that we missed our calling when Erk landed in Statesboro and not running our program. Erk definitely wanted the top spot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 days ago #79884 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Reason(s) for mullen and fisher lip service . . . .
All good points Buc....lots of gum flapping....from Bimbo and

Mullet.... hurting them with off the chain recruiting... which won’t

Change.....as you correctly point out.... Dawgs recruiting paw print has increased with current staff... a very good thing...that also will continue.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
5 years 1 day ago #79885 by scooby
Buc, I have always admired your loyalty to Erk. My Dad used to point him out bumping heads back in the day.

I’ve wondered how his history would be viewed if he had got the uga gig or if another sec school had called him. I know it was a different world back then and guys didn’t jump around like now. He prolly wound up happier at statesboro than if he’d gone to some sec or acc/big10 place or even uga.

I remember looking a while back and erk got 50k +/- to coach at ga south. A slight raise I believe. That’s about what my pop was making with a uga engineer tag around the same time. Times have changed for sure
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds