Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts 22-03-19

5 years 4 weeks ago #79835 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 22-03-19
Running the stadium steps have a lasting effect on some that are full of piss and vinegar. Media makes it sound as if the program is coming apart . . . . some in the media. This type of "youth" behaviour has been going on in Athens for many, many years. Goes back as far as I can remember following our team. Communication this day and time reaches far beyond the Atlanta Journal and Atlanta Constitution's morning and evening editions. Lots of competition in the media for personal recognition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #79836 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 22-03-19
When all the recent arrests took place I said to myself..

Oh goodie...heads have fresh red meat... to chew and spit ...as

Example of their wisdom and knowledge....

Pouty was cackling that HC needed to get control of this problem

Quickly.... excuse me.... as Buc correctly pointed out ....this is not

the first time and won’t be the last that a player tests the rules...

I for one think Kirby has done well at handling “Issues “ of discipline...

Natrez...Patrick.... might not had the same outcome with another

HC.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #79839 by Buc
One of the more complete press conferences that I have watched in some time. Several players and positions mentioned. One player that has been mentioned several times on this board is Devonte Wyatt. Devonte stays healthy, going to make some linebackers famous with his skill set along the defensive line. Offensive tackles nightmare.

georgiadogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4028

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #79840 by Buc
One thing that I gather from listening to Kirby, he is going to get away from the "read and react" type of defense. Not totally . . . . there will always be a time(s) in the game when "read and react" is necessary. The accumulation of player talent since Kirby's arrival finally allows the head coach to play defense in such a way that was not "player wise" prior to 2019. Edge rushers scare the hell out of many quarterbacks, often forcing them to mishandle the football or move away from play calls that could be called against "read and react" defenses. I firmly believe that 2019 is going to get a lot of "print and video" from the media.

georgiadogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4002

Otis Reese will in my opinion be our starting safety before the 2019 Season ends. Otis brings the type of hits that many of us remember from "back in the day". Otis has the size, speed and strength to handle tight ends. Not all defensive backs have the total package that Otis was blessed with. Reese will cause a lot of "tip toeing" by those that enter his areas of responsibility.

www.hudl.com/video/3/3756241/5a0734f44205c00dd4f32d6a

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #79841 by Buc
Another thought about Otis Reese . . . . Watched the video above again, am totally impressed with his "breaking on the ball skills". Strong safety can actually turn the football game around, if talented enough. Otis Reese is talented enough, and then some. Some describe strong safeties and defensive backs as "thumpers" . . . . Otis Reese is a "pile driver".

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #79853 by Buc
If you haven't watched the video below, watch it when time permits. Smart gets to the latest players that have chose not to be a part of the "Team" quickly on the video. Speaks to the 10% that choose not to be a part of the 90%. Say again, will not be surprised to see a transfer or a release.

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds