Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts 22-03-19

5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #79829 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts 22-03-19 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Pro-Day went off well for several Dawgs entering the NFL draft. Bill Belichick was in attendance as he was last year.

Kirby and our football program continued to receive kind words and praises from him…. His attendance last year in many minds is what sealed the deal for both Wynn and Michel to be drafted by the Patriots…… a good thing for both players…..

Early word is that the players are focused on using spring camp to get better….. Buc. thought of you when the leadership question came up at HC’s presser. Kirby acknowledged that you can’t manufacture leadership… it develops as time passes and adversity is confronted ….. as HC has spoken about before…. Learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable…… pillar of the process…..

Football in Sanford in less than a month….. yes I know its not the real deal… but it helps get the blood pumped….

Look forward to heads reporting on upcoming practices and the position competition…… we will have quality depth that hasn’t been seen in Athens since

Shep was pup ….. a really good thing…..

Really looking forward to seeing this new group learn and grow ….. mixing with the veterans and gaining playing experience……..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #79830 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 22-03-19
Sorry Buc....have to consult proof reader......damn autocorrect

It should have read.... Though of you BUC.... when HC spoke

about leadership....and how often you correctly addressed the

Need for it to be successful...

As we age we can see that the leadership thingy applies to

Being successful in many more areas than sports....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #79831 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 22-03-19
yankeedawg1, one of the more "admired" portions of the "process" for me is Kirby hit the ground running in Athens looking for leadership. Not all teams have that portion of the process that includes the players and more often than not, the coaches. Smart has been laser focused on coaches that do more than show up on game day.

There has been a lot of chirping about how many times we will either run or throw the ball in 2019. Really simple from where I sit . . . . the opposing defense will dictate a large portion of the time the percentages of run and pass. Find that to be rather "elementary".

No small coincidence that every year on more than one occasion the name Bill Belichick and Kirby Smart find their names being mentioned together. There is a reason for players and especially "number of players" that reach the NFL that played for Saban/Smart and now it will be Smart and Company. "Process". A missing factor in UGA Football for many years.

Thanks for the BPS, never miss an "issue" . . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #79832 by yankeedawg1
Buc.... the nugget in your above post..”Do More”.... is what this

years team As picked as a motivational statement... shortly after

the bust in New Orleans.. players picked up that the lack of effort

displayed wasn’t who they were...that the excuse of being slighted

From the CFP didn’t pardon them for playing Georgia football..

Imho.... this did more for the process than had we won..

Vandy will help wash some of that stink off...

Agree... what we run as pass/run percentage will be decided by what Jake sees at the line of scrimmage...

Jake has the freedom to check out of plays he feels the defense has covered..... reminds me of another #11. QB

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #79833 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 22-03-19
Kirby Smart had this to say about leadership . . . .

“I’ve never felt great about leadership at this point in time, I didn’t feel great two years ago, I didn’t feel great last year,” Smart said. “I think you can’t find true leadership, and you can’t manipulate it. You can’t make it happen.”

5*****'s mean a lot to any program, somewhere within the talent pool there has to be those that will step up and "earn" that 6th star . . . . Leadership.

I am one of those that believes Smart is still upside down about the last game of 2018. Coach seems to have a long and strong memory.

Also believe the 2019 Team has everything needed to reach the Final Four. I am placing the largest weight(s) on our coaches shoulders. Would wager that most of our coaches have not been associated with the amount of "talented players overall" any where they have coached before. Couple of the coaches have spent some time with Saban and we know the talent level in Tuscaloosa has been at the highest level in college football for several years. Players stay out of jail and remain free from injuries . . . . no excuses. SHOWTIME. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #79834 by yankeedawg1
Agree Buc... the leadership thingy will sort itself out..

Imho it will evolve over summer workouts and into fall camp

Closer to Gameday the team will gel and leadership will step

Forward.... parade of arrests will provide a spark moving the

Process forward....Understandings will be reached if you plan

On staying on the team....best change your ways...

Absolutely correct... we stay healthy...expectations need to be

Beyond winning the SECCG......

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds