Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19

5 years 2 months ago #79769 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19
Very well said Wartdawg. Particularly liked this paragraph you posted . . . . I do think we may see a move in a different direction.. NOT in the emphasis on running the ball, but possibly in the creativeness behind our run play selection.

Have been meaning to tell you that I have an original Braves baseball autographed with every players signature from the opening game in Atlanta . . . . Day one(1). One of my prized possessions. Posted a photo here of the baseball when I first started posting on Dawgs.com. Don't think you were posting then, maybe did not see the photo. Steve probably has that photo archived somewhere. One of the reasons for having the baseball, I was involved with putting together the Braves information about the team for public use.

Back to football ;) . . . . Really excited in my latter years to see what I believe to be the greatest change in UGA Football in my lifetime. Changes being made now are not "superficial". In the not too distant future we will lose a coach or coaches that all of us would love to see remain in Athens.

You also posted . . . .

Interesting tidbit....

My wifes cousin, a UGA alum just retired and bought a historic house in the classic city...walking distance from Sanford.

This house's original owner was none other than one James Wallace Butts.

Pretty cool place to hang before and after home games.

WOW!!

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #79770 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19

Buc wrote: Very well said Wartdawg. Particularly liked this paragraph you posted . . . . I do think we may see a move in a different direction.. NOT in the emphasis on running the ball, but possibly in the creativeness behind our run play selection.

Have been meaning to tell you that I have an original Braves baseball autographed with every players signature from the opening game in Atlanta . . . . Day one(1). One of my prized possessions. Posted a photo here of the baseball when I first started posting on Dawgs.com. Don't think you were posting then, maybe did not see the photo. Steve probably has that photo archived somewhere. One of the reasons for having the baseball, I was involved with putting together the Braves information about the team for public use.

Back to football ;) . . . . Really excited in my latter years to see what I believe to be the greatest change in UGA Football in my lifetime. Changes being made now are not "superficial". In the not too distant future we will lose a coach or coaches that all of us would love to see remain in Athens.

You also posted . . . .

Interesting tidbit....

My wifes cousin, a UGA alum just retired and bought a historic house in the classic city...walking distance from Sanford.

This house's original owner was none other than one James Wallace Butts.

Pretty cool place to hang before and after home games.

WOW!!

:)

Not to get off topic, but that is really cool about the baseball. Being born here prior to Atlanta having any sports teams other than the Crackers, Braves baseball is in my blood. I've mentioned it before I think, but my grandpa played for the Crackers.

The house in Athens thing is great as well. I'll be over there at least twice for games I will attend, and I may go hang out there a couple of more times for some other games.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 2 months ago #79771 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19
Wart....most definitely we will see expand play calling from

Coach Coley....as you correctly stated..we will run the ball using

More than four plays.... also believe greater use of are RB’s catching

Passes..... OL experience will allow more flavors to our play calling

Only February stands in the way of spring ball...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #79772 by Buc
Crackers . . . .

Ponce de Leon, across from Sears. Spent some in my youth in that park. Centerfield with the Magnolia Tree and the train passing through sometimes during games. Atlanta Crackers were huge in the South. Memphis Chicks, Birmingham Barons and on and on . . . . Bob Montag was a player that I idolized in my youth. Easy for me at my age to look back more often than present years. Really trying hard to enjoy what I see going on in Athens, had enough of that "other stuff". Will stop. :)

Edit . . . . Oops, your grandfather's name?

More
5 years 2 months ago #79773 by Buc
And this . . . . could not stop myself . . . . :)

www.legacy.com/obituaries/atlanta/obitua...b-montag&pid=3337298

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds