Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19

5 years 2 months ago #79763 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

G- Game is set for April 20 at 2pm… one of ESPN channels will broadcast. Year four spring camp will be more of the same….. competition will be stressed for every position…. A very good thing

RBU …. Will be on display with Sony & Todd showcasing their skills in this year’s Super Bowl….. with the OL that is being built in Athens can see this the order of things for years to come….. love it….

I am hearing all good things about our new pups embracing the winter workouts… learning early on about chopping wood Kirby style….as posted here by several…. Don’t be surprised to see several earn meaningful game playing time….. quality depth building in progress….

Waiting for our February NSD surprise ….. lots of chatter by the heads pushing click bait….. hmmm….. what’s new…. Yawn…

Looking forward to year four….

For me it is a transition…. New coaching assignments along with new coaches…. Our young team of 2018 has more experience…. We have talent at every position with improved depth ……. Repeating what has also been posted here by several…. 2019 …. Coaching needs to move the bar and improve in critical areas…. Aka … coach’m up….

Greg… I hope you and the posse are well…. Big thanks for all you do…

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago #79764 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19
Yank, I always enjoy your “Friday” posts. Thank you!

Still can’t figure out why Kirby hasn’t named a dc....
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 2 months ago #79765 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19
Thanks Scooby...

I think naming a DC...would be a bigger deal if anyone else

Besides Kirby was the HC..... me thinks the inner circle knows HC’s

Thinking.... he has his reasons... no matter who’s gets the business

Card with DC..... Kirby will always be..... real close....

Also...... Kirby wants to raise the level of play by our defense... see

Him even more hands on with our “D”. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, scooby

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #79766 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19
While there may be many that will or have applied for the position . . . . as mentioned above, just understand that Coach Kirby Smart will always have an eye on the practice field along with game day regarding defense. Smart came to Athens with a background filled with intensive study and application concerning defensive football. Another reason that I believe he will name someone, at some time, defensive coordinator.

Also believe that Kirby now has "his" offensive coordinator in place. What we have witnessed over the past year points directly to the change that was made on the offensive side of the ball. Smart is a believer in running the football, that will not change, no reason to move into another direction. This football team has been put together to let one and all know that the running game is in Athens to stay.

What I think I see is three years of trying to hone the "coaching staff" to suit exactly what Smart is looking for. This group of players represent what and who Kirby Smart is. Has been said that 2019 is the year that Smart is to be judged for his efforts since returning home. Some of the outsiders that claim to be football gurus are back on the must win the National Championship. From where I sit, see no reason not to be in the Final Four. National Championships are won on the field, not in the press. When I look at the talent in Athens in 2019, it is the best group I have witnessed in the Classic City in my lifetime.

Count me in as a "happy camper".

Good read(s) yankeedawg1.

Coach'em up Smart and Company . . . .

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #79767 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19
Like Brandon Bunkley choosing Georgia to play college football. Reminds me of Solomon Kindley a lot. Bet this, Brandon Bunkley would not have been offered a spot without the approval of Coach Sam Pittman. I am one that believes all too often the "star ratings" fail to do anything more than promote "clicks". Yes, I believe that. Watching the video, believe his high school coaches had him in the right position, guard. Sam Pittman is not going to allow the previous mistakes in offensive line recruiting to find their way back to Athens. 5 STAR RUNNING BACKS love running behind 2 STAR OFFENSIVE LINEMEN that are very talented.

www.hudl.com/profile/7799222/Brandon-Bunkley
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 2 months ago #79768 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 25-01-19

Buc wrote: Also believe that Kirby now has "his" offensive coordinator in place. What we have witnessed over the past year points directly to the change that was made on the offensive side of the ball. Smart is a believer in running the football, that will not change, no reason to move into another direction. This football team has been put together to let one and all know that the running game is in Athens to stay.

I do think we may see a move in a different direction.. NOT in the emphasis on running the ball, but possibly in the creativeness behind our run play selection.

To be honest, to have had so much success when we really only utilized about 4 different running plays is a testament to how great our backs are and how
dominant our line really was.

It will be very interesting to see what happens if opposing DC's have to actually start planning for a wider variety of ways to get our runners on the second level.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SimpleDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds