Forum

Why our loss may lead to our triumph

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79320 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Why our loss may lead to our triumph
Wartdawg posted . . . . Well if you go back and look at some of the runs that have failed down there you will see that there often was no lane between our own linemen. We've been lining up counting on nothing but push.

Wider gaps between the linemen are something a lot of really strong run teams do, but those gaps also give the DL a chance to shoot through. So because of that you can't just widen the spacing and then still block the exact same way.

Absolutely offensive linemen "power push" too high of a percentage thus far. Defense sees the alignment, biggest advantage at this point for the offensive linemen is knowing the snap count. That however is lost somewhat against competitive defensive lines.

At this point I have to enter the "quarterback controversy" . . . . somewhat. Wider gaps or double team blocking near the goal is an absolute advantage for Justin. Justin has the God given talent to react with wider splits. Understanding when I type that . . . . Justin has made a couple of bad reads thus far. Suffice to say, that is why young players need that time on the field. Add this also . . . . I have watched some film, actually a lot of film of Justin both running and passing the football near the goal.

Don't mean to be long, appreciate you coming back and talking football, especially COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

When the game in ATL arrives . . . . bet this . . . . Alabama defensive line will not be pushed around at the goal line. Better now in my opinion that we show all "scouts" our alternative to what has been shown thus far. Makes them think/adjust . . . . as it stands now, defensive backs and linebackers know when we are going to pass.

:)

This video below shows the scheme that our running backs are using a lot . . . . same scheme for many years, plant foot, homerun.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #79323 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Why our loss may lead to our triumph
Justin can definitely benefit from wider gaps. What bothers me with him has been the predictability of the play call and his decisions making the read. Same side-same read-same result.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79324 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Why our loss may lead to our triumph
I noticed the announcers mentioning plays made by Davis and Stokes in the first half.

:)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds