Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #6 06-10-18

5 years 5 months ago #79051 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #6 06-10-18
As we know sitting on the bench does nothing for your experience and skills.

Spot on YD1..."CKS ….. has brought new meaning to ….. next man up… competition for all positions each week… demands for every player to be ready … a very good thing…."

Chop wood. Be ready. Coach 'em up.
Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #79052 by Buc

Wartdawg wrote: I've said over and over again that this is why I don't speak that much about recruits until they are actually enrolled.

Our class ranking is now #3 down from #1 since those announcements, but we're still going to add more names.

All is well.

Murf has good perspective about Jalen Perry that is close to "first hand information". Do know that Coach Coley and another coach are working hard on Tyrique Stevenson from South Florida, as are many schools. Say again, Coley is solid for us in Florida, particularly South Florida. You said it well Wartdawg . . . . "All is well".

:)

More
5 years 5 months ago #79053 by Buc
Recommend reading the comments to the video above. Some are very interesting, comments that have been made on this board . . . . and others.

More
5 years 5 months ago #79057 by Buc
Another young man has decided to withdraw from his commitment to play football at UGA. I read that we are down to 16 commitments for the 2019 Class. Say the same for the young man that just chose to open up his recruitment . . . . good luck and that is a sincere comment. Not knowing, guessing . . . . some of those leaving know that their chances of getting on the field right away are less than good. We have highly rated players in Athens now that do not see as much playing time as they would like, not too hard to understand reasons why. My opinion of the young folks leaving speaks well for Smart and Company. Coaches are not fabricating about the "process" that is now full steam ahead in Athens. One can bet that all questions asked by the young men have been answered truthfully by the coaching staff. I like what I see happening in the Classic City, especially from the staff of coaches and advisers. Some of the reporters are of course trying to increase "clicks" with stories written about those choosing to go elsewhere. Say again, hope this coaching staff remains together for a long time, however, know there will be departures by the coaches, that also can be a good thing. New coaches selected will understand the "process" if they want to hire on. I remain on board with the way Kirby Smart is running the program, and he is doing just that.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
5 years 5 months ago #79058 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #6 06-10-18
Good read Buc.... my two cents....many moving parts to recruiting

And we are dealing with teenagers.... showered with all kinds of

Of praise... some can handle and want the competition...others

Want promises that our coaches won’t give them..... they are

hearing And learning about. Buyers remorse..... recruits making early

Commits...always know they can back out and look for greener grass...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds