Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #6 06-10-18

5 years 6 months ago #79045 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #6 06-10-18 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Lordy…. Halfway into the regular season…. Yes warp speed Scotty.

Again just to acknowledge the fine dialogue posted following the UT game…. As I posted early the Thread on post game pressers just nailed it …….many accurate points made…..

Read an interesting point this week…. Last year we were 5-0 and rated at # 5…. This year we are 5-0 and rated # 2…… as CKS has stated need to be in the top 4 to make CFP…… hmmmmm..

As posted by several people the valid concerns about our team need to be taken with the understanding we like every other football team at any level hopefully improves as the season goes on…. More games played…more game experience…. gained…..

Much rather get the stoopid stuff out and cleaned up sooner rather than later….. highly unlikely we will be dropping the ball prior to crossing the goal line and dumb unsportsmanlike conduct penalties…..

A pillar of many on the board is the wish to have our players coached up… with the youth and injury problems CKS and staff have done just that…

As it was correctly pointed out the OL and DL are a synergy …… which is only obtained by playing together longer than one play …. Having said that with the depth and interchangeable parts that our coaches enjoy once youth gives way to experience….. the ability to rotate and keep the lines fresh will produce a finished highly competitive football team.

CKS ….. has brought new meaning to ….. next man up… competition for all positions each week… demands for every player to be ready … a very good thing….

Vandy is a good tune-up before the roadie to LSwho….. more opportunity for game experience for young pups…

Sidebar….. the performance level for our freshman is a testament to our recruiting and coaching….. getting them to a level to be able to play SEC football….

Let’s make the most out of playing at home…

Enjoy a cooler night game…..

Been awhile….. big thanks to Greg and his buds for their service … never miss the opportunity to thank a Vet…..

Hey Chief …. Night game ….. grilled brats and beer with Kick’n slaw … get it done and cleaned up before kickoff….

Pause and give thanks ….

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 6 months ago #79046 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #6 06-10-18
I really havent decided what would be good yet, still getting suggestions from the family. Vandy will put up a fight like always!

GO DAWGS!!!!!! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79047 by Buc
Lot of discussion about the two young men choosing to open their recruitment again. I say good for both. Important to be sure where your talents will be utilized to their fullest. Most of us knew there would come a time with the success that Smart and Company are having on the recruitment trail, happenings such as these two pulling back would happen.

Might sound a bit crazy, but . . . . The level of talent in Athens at this point comes down to playing time quickly. Understandable that many young men playing all of the wanted minutes in high school no longer are guaranteed the same at UGA. Tells me that as a program we are very close to reaching and staying at the top tier of college football.

Style of play also plays a huge part for these young men. Smart has made it a point to say he believes in the run. I am with him on that point. Some young folks wanting to be the focal point right away have a lesson to be learned at this point.

Could go on for a while, stop with saying again that what I see happening to Georgia Football now as a very good thing. Good luck to the two that have recently chosen to move on. Best situation for “all involved”.

Wife and I spent some time with Greg at the VA day before yesterday yd1. He is having a good time harassing the "gators" that also work for the VA. Still wears his Red and Black proudly. Good Marine.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79048 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #6 06-10-18
I've said over and over again that this is why I don't speak that much about recruits until they are actually enrolled.

Our class ranking is now #3 down from #1 since those announcements, but we're still going to add more names.

All is well.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
5 years 6 months ago #79049 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #6 06-10-18
Buc...Thanks for the update on Greg..and his posse ....

Absolutely..wish the decommits .... nothing but good things

I have said many times...only want recruits to come here because they want to be here..

Opens more slots.....bet when the smoke clears we will pickup

A few flips...to add to our class.....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 6 months ago #79050 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #6 06-10-18
Totally agree Wart.... believe it was NcDawg...that

Posted ....never get excited until the recruits are in class..on the

Practice field and then make it to play in a game...

All the other ..stuff.... Head. Games... truth

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds