Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts- 27-07-18

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #78755 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts- 27-07-18
Watching the video below, one question and answer got my attention about 2018 Georgia Football.

Chubb was asked if he and Sony played in the same backfield before . . . . Nick's answer is one of my reasons for posting. Said that did not happen and the reason why brought a smile to my face.

James Cook is going to turn some heads, not a doubt in my mind. At some point I feel it is possible both he and another top running back will line up together. Good to hear Nick Chubb say that the coaching staff had a setup of both he and Sony Michel lining up together, Chubb mentions that would have been dangerous. Paraphrasing.

Thinking that SouthernDawg is in the Ohio area, he will still get to watch Nick perform.

Nick Chubb is class, period. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #78756 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts- 27-07-18
Nick hasn't changed a bit. Still dislikes doing interviews. Can't blame him there.

Naturally I work with a lot of near-suicidal Browns fans who are really excited to see Chubb in Cleveland. My take is that Cleveland hasn't been kind to rookie anythings in the past two decades. If Nick breaks that mold, he'll have the ability to do something really special with a team that is desperate for something special. Unlike TG3 whose running style was very well suited to the NFL right out of college, I think for Chubb to be truly effective, he's going to have to temper his bruising pound up the gut quintessential SEC smash mouth game with learning to become a receiving back. Pounding the ball up the middle in the NFL is going to put a lot of miles on that body really fast and NFL d-lines are going to be quite unforgiving in that type of attack.

Wish him all the best. Should be fun to watch
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #78757 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts- 27-07-18
Well said. Hoping that Chubb and running mate Johnson are successful together. Ease some of the load that defensive linemen bring.

Encouraged that Cleveland has a mobile quarterback that will afford running backs and receivers to play a little more one on one. Anderson ran well for Oklahoma and caught a lot of balls from Baker Mayfield.

Go back a long way with the Cleveland Browns, all the way back to Otto Graham. Telling my age again. Browns were my favorite team back in the day, along with the Washington Redskins.

www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/2-minute-d...field-shine-on-day-1
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #78758 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts- 27-07-18
Buc......Lou ...”The Toe”. ..... speak softly about the age thingy...

Enjoy the remainder of this beautiful weekend.....

Big week next week ....students return....parking downtown becomes a challenge....

Stay well friend.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 9 months ago #78767 by Buc
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
5 years 9 months ago #78780 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts- 27-07-18
What's up fellows?

I mean outside of Urban lying some more?

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds