Forum

Change Needed

6 years 2 months ago #78291 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Change Needed
Sometimes the answer to "situations" are under our nose, for some reason we never look "closely" enough for the answer.

Why is it that Florida, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Tennessee and teams outside of the SEC seem to be able to change coaches and win games?

Have seen and read articles about a lack of attendance at basketball games. Georgia is a football school and on and on. Yep, Georgia is a football school when it comes to putting money in the vault.

Going to type this, not sure why, maybe because I want better. Improvements were made to the basketball arena, call that fresh paint on the walls, much like getting an empty apartment ready for the next renter. Of course more than paint was applied. Maybe, just maybe that was a sign of impending change on the hardwood. Probably do not need to say more, just cross my fingers as I did for a long time with the football program and my wish was granted.

scout.com/college/georgia/Article/UGA-Reeling-Now--114291257
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago #78294 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Change Needed
I don’t want to ever hear “well Georgia is a football school” ever again.

Florida was a “football school” right up until they developed a solid basketball program.

Assburn is a “football school” and they are 19-2 in basketball right now.

Georgia has always been a “football school” but somehow they used to produce a pretty dandy baseball team every year.

As long as the money rolls in, our AD and the university is complacent. It took some donors on the edge of revolt for our AD to get over his complacency regarding the football program.

As long as the financials look good and aren’t under threat,our AD is lazy and complacent.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
6 years 2 months ago #78295 by Buc
Copied from the article below. Any thoughts on the "up or down"? AD Greg McGarity/Mahogany Row will have zero problems coming to a quick decision. Will not drag their feet as they did for "years" building the Indoor Practice Facility.

Reminds me of days past . . . . I was a huge Atlanta Flames Hockey fan, spent many hours in the building showing support for the Flames. Franchise started doing well, first thing management did was raise prices, forgetting about the true FANS that did not have the bulging bankrolls, catering to the "upscale dressers". Long story short Atlanta Flames are now known as the Calgary Flames. I have a problem with "greed", larger problem with "stupidity". More and more I think I am seeing both greed and stupidity from those in Athens. More than one coach/person that needs replacing in Athens, goes much further up the ladder in the so-called "Chain of Command".

Really don't need long BS explanations, fully aware how the story ends.

The UGA Athletic Board has an agenda item described as “ticket price adjustment” for its Tuesday meeting. It does not say whether it is immediate or for the 2019 season or if it is an increase or decrease.

www.ajc.com/sports/uga-adjust-football-t...FYKRplE6Yh42LMgmRkO/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago #78297 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Change Needed
At least the Flames owner had a legit problem.

He bought the team on borrowed money back in the 70’s when interest rates were 18%, and he had almost nothing for a TV contract.

Bad business... I can forgive that a bit more than i can the greed we often speak of today.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
6 years 2 months ago #78298 by Buc
The reason that Georgia has failed to adapt is rather simple: Those in power are stuck in the past.

georgiabasketballblog.com/florida-georgi...iny-beat-mike-white/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #78299 by Buc
Roll down to #70, guess which team is located there . . . .

Nine (9) SEC teams rated higher than Georgia and . . . . Georgia Tech also rated higher.

n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/all-teams/Basketball

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds