Forum

Change Needed

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #78259 by Buc
Change Needed was created by Buc
Comes a time in every sport that changes are needed. Whether that is players or coaches. Have been patient with our basketball program long enough.

I watch Bruce Pearl and others move from one team to another and they get results. That in my mind is “coaching”. I compare our program to that of football not too long ago. Seems the “elite” in the State of Georgia find their way to other programs. That in my mind is also “coaching”.

After watching the UGA/AU game yesterday, I saw a team (UGA) that had no fire, great lead at halftime and then blown away in the second half. Pearl was constantly working his players on the sideline and apparently what he had to say at the break, our coach could not match. Does sound like football games in the past, eh . . . .

Pretty much known that Greg McGarity and Mark Fox are friends. Nothing wrong with that except . . . . have seen other coaches in Athens removed from their jobs for far less than is being produced by Fox.

Put a well coached basketball team on the floor of Stegeman Coliseum and the FANS will fill the arena to the rafters.

Time for a change, sometimes coaching changes produce “needed” results.

georgiadogs.com/sports/2017/6/16/stegeman-coliseum.aspx

Mark Fox speaks . . . . :whistle:
“We played very sound in half number one,” Georgia head coach Mark Fox said. “I thought our defense just collapsed at the start of the second half. We gave them momentum, and we just couldn’t stop it. We eventually did, and we got back in a position to make a couple plays to win. Now we have to regroup and get ready for Arkansas.”

Yada, yada, yada.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago #78260 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Change Needed
I’ve honestly just given up on UGA basketball. It has been pretty bad since Hugh Durham left. Our baseball program and even more are shells of what they used to be. I am not sure what is going on with our athletic department at all. We seem to have football down and headed innthe right direction, but our overall sports program is in a fair amount of disarray.

That speaks to someone higher up than the coaches. It speaks to the quality of our AD and the ones making the decisions from above.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 2 months ago #78261 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Change Needed
Seems elementary to me that producing a high caliber basketball team would put a lot of money in the register.

Fox's salary is $2 million a year through the 2020 season. Nothing against folks making money, do however have a problem with million dollar figures without "results". Had enough excuses covering the football program for years, do not want to travel that trail again. Was mentioned and agreed by some that the firing of the head football coach was only "one step" needed to put Georgia on the right track. Greg McGarity and those above him have bought a lot of time with the hiring of Smart and Company. That my friends is a FACT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago #78262 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Change Needed
IMHO..... see a similar trend to our hoop program as with our football team prior to CKS..

Talent underperforming..... culture lacking the will....

Nothing wrong with chopping wood....in round ball..

Haven’t put two good SEC games back to back,,,,,

Seems chemistry is not there..... sadly...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
6 years 2 months ago #78263 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Change Needed
B.B. is different than football. You have to decide your model. Be like Kentucky and go all out for the best recruits you know will only stay one year, or go for guys a notch lower that will stay four years. I think we know what model works best.

If you don’t have tradition you don’t get the BEST players or even the best players. Got to just trudge on. Don’t really have “sleepers” in B.B. To compete you have to get blue chips. Mike k or anyone else would not be successful with the uga roster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
6 years 2 months ago #78265 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Change Needed
Not that much of a basketball fan, I must admit, but watched that game with my son, an Auburn grad, I said right after the game Fox needs to go. I attended games at the old Woodard Barn, the roof licked & the wind blew, but we had a Joe Jordan & a Zippy M playing guards so we were at least respectful. Need a coach with fire in his belly, not a bench sitting wall flower. OK Greg it's time to move or make a move, either you or the coach, take your chose.
As always GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds