Forum

The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.

6 years 4 months ago #77923 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.
There's a danger in getting too far ahead of ourselves, but I think this thread is on track. Look, OU will have success passing the ball, but I also believe that they'll have trouble running the ball and also with the speed of our D. They'll be one dimensional in short order, and things might (might) get ugly did them in the secondo half.

The thing about playing Georgia is that you've got to stop the run. Sounds simple but, as already mentioned here, our oline is a different animal now. I don't think they get pushed around. Another wrinkle is the depth of the running backs, and the stylistic differences. I've said it all season, and I'll be saying it next year. ..Deandre Swift is special. I'm not talking about Nick and Sony only because we know what weve got with those two, but I saw a lot of Swift putting a shoulder down at contact and taking on defenders. Reminds me of HW. Same with Herrien. Kids not afraid of bringing it. Holyfield will punish you if you fall asleep on him.

And we haven't talked to much about JF. He's been efficient on the down low. It's a hallmark of a great QB: do what you have to to win. Herein is the difference between Fromm and Mayfield: Jake uses the tools around him when things get hairy. Mayfield will try to shoulder the load himself. Mayfield is a hammer, Fromm is a Swiss Army knife. With Mayfield, you always get a hammer, which is great when you need a hammer. Fromm has more versatility. I can guarantee that OU fans are looking at stat sheets and thinking that Jake Fromm is middling at best. If OU is thinking the same, it will be their undoing.

The game ought to be close. It is, on paper, a great match-up. But I see Georgia as being too much in too many phases of the game. Dawgs by a score and a half.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #77924 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.
Whoever created the meme saying “Wont be the first time Oklahoma has been blown out” with the background of the blown up federal building from the domestic terrorist attack a few years ago is a POS.

Seriously folk... try and not let fandom turn you into a sh1tbag.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, LimeyDawg, growl, sflanagan21

More
6 years 4 months ago #77925 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.
Mayfield is a hammer, Fromm is a Swiss Army knife. With Mayfield, you always get a hammer, which is great when you need a hammer. Fromm has more versatility.

Spot on LimeyDawg.

Add this for what it is worth . . . . Not going to be surprised to see Eason lining up in Miami. Eason needs to be in a place to use his arm. Might have to sacrifice a year on the sideline, that however could work to his benefit.

Back to "The Game". Another point that you made about the versatility of our backs, again spot on.

Good read.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl, sflanagan21

More
6 years 4 months ago #77927 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic The main reason UGA will beat Oklahoma.
Just FYI..

The misdemeanor possession charge against Patrick has been dismissed. If you saw the body cam footage of the traffic stop, it was Stanley’s car and he repeatedly told the officers that it was his stuff, and Patrick had nothing to do with it.

Nice recovery, but Patrick was in the car and there was the smell of recent use... gotta be smarter than that whether it’s yours or not.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds