Forum

The Quarterback Controversy at UGA

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77153 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic The Quarterback Controversy at UGA
Eh From had played well.

Problem is I also thought Eason played well for a freshman.

Honestly idk what I would do if I was Coach Smart. But Fromm is the one that got us to 5-0, so I'd let him play.

Need some more consistency from the o line though, if we played Alabama right now it wouldn't be the qb play that i would be worried about...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #77154 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The Quarterback Controversy at UGA
Good points BullDawg2010.

More
6 years 5 months ago #77155 by bpatters69
Replied by bpatters69 on topic The Quarterback Controversy at UGA
Here we are in week 7 and we are undefeated. Fromm got us here so there is no argument that anyone could present that tells me Fromm should be replaced with Eason. But... there is always a but... have we been tested with an elite defense yet? I would argue that we have not. What will happen to Fromm when we play Auburn or even UF for that matter. UF's defense is still very good. I guess the answer lies on our forumla which is run first and pass second. Fromm plays his role well. No one can argue that point. Would Eason play "better" against an elite defense? Not sure what the answer to that question is. When I compare the two QBs, Fromm has the "it" factor while Eason wins from a physical standpoint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77156 by Buc
bpatters69, I enjoyed reading your comments. All of us have our private thoughts about our football team and the personnel, both coaches and players. Much of what you posted I agree with. Thanks again, made me "think".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77157 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic The Quarterback Controversy at UGA
Buc,...working on morning coffee ....maybe it’s a delightful dilemma rather than controversy..

Jabcob...second year experience..... eight minutes

Jake.....first year experience.....five games plus 3 and half quarters

Without question...Jake has the benefits of playing with a better prepared team...repeating much

Improvements on defense and special teams...and a offense that players and coaches feel comfortable with...

Stated earlier we need a healthy Eason....game ready. Enjoy your bloodies. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77163 by Buc
yankeedawg1 will also add to that, serious coaching changes, reflections of the change(s) apparent.

Hoping our punting game continues to make the opposition travel long distances, certainly allows our defense options.

yd1, there is little doubt that the players really like #11 barking signals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds