Forum

GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA

6 years 6 months ago #77052 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA
It is still sinking in... 41-0.

IMO, The train has left the station running like a well oiled machine.

Gotta hunker down Monday and get another one.
Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77053 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA
Kirby's attitude toward changing the way football is played under his leadership impressed me at the end of the game. Eason calling the signals and . . . . throwing the football. What this meant to me was no longer do we care about not "embarrassing" the other side. That attitude changed the day we hired Coach Smart. Sometimes the "little things" go unnoticed, sometimes not. Thriller's wish definitely came true yesterday, kicking butt, taking names.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77057 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA
Kirby Smart All Access - Tennessee Game

www.georgiadogs.com/news/2017/10/1/footb...-tennessee-game.aspx

More
6 years 6 months ago #77059 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA
I'm looking at the remainder of the schedule and trying to fight the idea that being undefeated throught the regular season is now a distinct possibility. Theres a great deal of football ahead, and nobody knows how quickly the bubble can burst like Georgia fans.

It got me thinking about ways the season could be derailed. Honestly, I don't believe it happens on the field. It happens in the papers and on the screens, where the media chatterboxes attempt to position themselves to be able to say they were the first to say that Georgia was ascendant. My fear is that the kids read this (they do) and start believing the hype. The simple fact is that you have to bring it every game. The next guy wants to be the one to undo your season, and nobody should be taken for granted.

This is where coaching becomes critical. The expectations for performance don't end simply because ESPN says this team has arrived. Hype, we should remember, is praise for what you did yesterday. Greatness is tomorrow's promise, and the bridge between the two is work, effort, and a desire to be remembered as a champion.

Hype never raised a trophy.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 6 months ago #77060 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA

LimeyDawg wrote: I'm looking at the remainder of the schedule and trying to fight the idea that being undefeated throught the regular season is now a distinct possibility. Theres a great deal of football ahead, and nobody knows how quickly the bubble can burst like Georgia fans.

It got me thinking about ways the season could be derailed. Honestly, I don't believe it happens on the field. It happens in the papers and on the screens, where the media chatterboxes attempt to position themselves to be able to say they were the first to say that Georgia was ascendant. My fear is that the kids read this (they do) and start believing the hype. The simple fact is that you have to bring it every game. The next guy wants to be the one to undo your season, and nobody should be taken for granted.

This is where coaching becomes critical. The expectations for performance don't end simply because ESPN says this team has arrived. Hype, we should remember, is praise for what you did yesterday. Greatness is tomorrow's promise, and the bridge between the two is work, effort, and a desire to be remembered as a champion.

Hype never raised a trophy.

Truer words never spoken . . . . This is where coaching becomes critical . . . . stated above and being acknowledged here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 6 months ago #77061 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA
#21 Rushing offense

#118 passing offense

#83 total offense

Got to get better on the O side of the ball

Helps when you are #3 total defense though.... :)

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds