Forum

GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA

6 years 6 months ago #77046 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA
The last couple of years have been difficult for me.
Yesterday was redemption.
We are relevant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #77047 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA
:) You were missed, for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 6 months ago #77048 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA

Buc wrote: Reading and viewing everything that I have so far, have yet to see this . . . . JMHO.

Excellent game planning. Focused on Kelly and it paid dividends. Without Kelly, the Vols were stripped of over 40% of their total offense so far in 2017. Hard for Kelly to operate when faced with a defense that has been preparing through film study and on field practice to strip any chance of the Vols being ready offensively.

In the past, game plans such as this one were seldom if ever practiced for and positive results being posted on the scoreboard afterwards.

Leadership has always been a used word on Dawgs.com.

Excellent defensive game planning, indeed. They are one dimensional and we took that away.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
6 years 6 months ago #77049 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA

averagedawg wrote: The last couple of years have been difficult for me.
Yesterday was redemption.
We are relevant.

I just want to make sure we remain relevant. Too many times in the past we bought into our own relevancy long before it really mattered and slipped up against teams that should never beat us.

I want to be relevant on 12/01 a helluva lot more than I do on 10/01.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77050 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA
Doing more reading than posting Wartdawg. Just to say that you are "spot on" with most of your comments . . . . my opinion.

Offensive line does need help, that will show its face I suspect against Auburn . . . . I suspect.

Are we Alabama yet . . . . nope. Getting closer . . . . yep.

Eason getting playing time will give the media material for some time to come.

Coach Smart made a statement in his presser last evening that explains his way of "handling" the media. Can be viewed in the video that SouthernDawg posted above. Around the 3:35 minute mark.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77051 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VS GEORGIA
So having some time to digest the game and gather my thoughts...

One word: WOW.

Two words.. WOW WOW... Three words... WOW WOW WOW..

Unbelievable. We are relevant now. The conference and the nation are on notice - this team is legit and is only going to get more legit. The Process has arrived in Athens and it's paying dividends. I honestly don't think there's a team in the nation, including Alabama, that could have beaten Georgia yesterday. And I don't say that lightly.

Play calling on both sides of the ball was fantastic. Offensive line is looking better and better, but still a lot of work to be done. Fromm took his lumps and rebounded brilliantly. He made his stupid mistakes, and there was a defense there to save him. For a freshman to go in and pull a performance that he did in that game speaks volumes about the grit and maturity of that young man way beyond his years.

How freaking nice was it to see a Georgia team in a BIG game on a national stage come in prepared, focused, and ready to dominate the game from kickoff to last second tick? Thank you Kirby Smart. Thank you. Just thank you. We dawg fans have suffered a litany of embarrassments in games like this for far too long, maybe moreso than any other team, and Kirby has put an end to it.

41-0?! I asked for it this week and Kirby and the boys delivered it. This is a win for the ages. I'll remember this game for many years to come, maybe the game where Georgia "came of age" under Kirby. Don't look now guys, but CKS is following almost identically the path his mentor did at Bama after a lackluster first season. Are we to Bama's level yet? On the whole, not yet, but yesterday we certainly were.

I almost have to pinch myself to believe what's going on. In 1 season, Kirby and his staff have turned this team into a terrifying juggernaut.

I'm not overselling things yet, but guys, if we run this thing out and meet Bama in Atlanta, we're going to see a game that will probably be better than the National Championship game.

Now, time to get back to work and keep focused on Vandy. No slip ups, no laziness, no egos, no pride - just back to work on the next opponent. I have no doubt after this week that Kirby has that end of things well under control. When Kirby was asked last week in his presser how he manages focus of his team and not allowing the media to cause the players to buy into their own hype, Kirby responded: "I spent twelve years learning from a guy who seemed to handle it pretty well."

Kudos to Sam Pittman for coaching up this offensive line, because where they are now compared to where they were against App State is hard to believe it's the same unit. Kudos to Jim Chaney for expanding his post-it note collection and buying a mini spiral binder to open the play calling up.

All around, a great day to be a Dawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds